276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Decking Rescue Paint 2.5L Deep Blue [39147]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First, take your home’s exterior color palette into consideration and make sure that your color choice will compliment this. With up to 10 years of weather protection, it should be a long time before you have to get the paint brush out again. Key specs – Finish: Opaque; Volume: 2.5 litres; Drying time: 24 – 48 hours; Coverage:8-10m 2per litre; Coats required: varies; Weather protection: 12 – 18 months; Available colours: 3 If you’ve spent the money on the construction, and spent time on the proper preparation, a word of advice…Don’t be cavalier with regard to the preservation and finish. After using a well known, moderately priced product on a correctly prepared surface, it flaked after 1 season.

Key specs – Finish: Matt; Volume: 2.5 litres; Drying time: 24 – 48 hours; Coverage: 10m 2per litre; Coats required: 2; Weather protection: 2 – 3 years Available colours: 7 Clean all tools and equipment with soap and water whilst still wet. If allowed to dry, remove with paint stripper. Stupidly, I fell under the marketing spell,read the copy on the product, saw the price and thought with proper prep, my job would be better…. it wasn’t! Applied with a brush or roller, the process here is different to the other products here. You apply the first coat, working along the wood’s grain, then leave to dry for 15 to 30 minutes before applying a second coat. Allow this to soak in and then continue to apply until the wood no longer absorbs the oil. At this point, remove the excess with a cloth and leave to dry for 24 to 48 hours depending on the weather.

Things to Remember

I know from mistakes of using the products I’ve helped design that this is a costly and flaking-well infuriating. If you’re looking for something that balances all-weather protection with a bold colour palette, then Trade Paints’ tin is a top choice.

Ronseal recommends brush or pad application and two coats are required to achieve the perfect finish, leaving four hours between coats. The results are fully dry in 24 hours depending on the conditions. Before starting your project, test penetration and absorbency by sprinkling water lightly onto the wood. If the water is absorbed rapidly, surface is free of contamination and ready for staining. If water is repelled, thorough preparation, as for new wood must be performed.Areas affected by mould, algae, or fungi should be cleaned with a scraper, stiff broom or brush to remove all surface matter As this is a solvent-based solution, you’ll want to keep pets well out of the way during application. Before starting application, test the colour choice on a small area and allow to dry to determine final colour.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment