276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nestle Peppermint Crisp, 6 Bars

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re not located in South Africa and cannot find a Nestle peppermint crisp in the international aisle of your favourite grocer, Bubbly aero mint can take its place. It won’t be quite the same, but the pairing of chocolate, mint, cream, caramel and coconut biscuit can truly never fail. How to make peppermint tart Pour the mixture onto the baking parchment and spread with a palette knife. Don’t worry about getting too smooth a surface.

Classic lemon meringue pie - tangy lemon filling topped with creamy meringue on a crispy cookie crumb base.A no-bake slice like this is a great recipe for the kids to help with too - only a handful of ingredients and all melt and mix. Mix in ½ teaspoon peppermint essence and taste to make sure the flavour of the peppermint comes through. I used Morrison's own brand American Peppermint Essence and ½ teaspoon was just about right. If you like a more minty taste, add a drop or two extra. For those of you who are watching your weight, look away now. I calculated the calorie count using an online nutrition calculator and it works out at 452 calories per slice, based on cutting the tart into 8 slices. Sometimes I have been unable to find peppermint crisp bars here in SA and have substituted with mint crisp bars by Beacon or Cadburys (milk chocolate bar with crispy peppermint bits in) – i’m sure these are available worldwide. Open to correction here. Welcome to my eclectic collection of recipes from all four corners of the world. I hope to inspire you to get into the kitchen and never eat a boring meal ever again. Want to know more?

Caramel condensed milk - you need the tin that is pre-caramelised. Don't buy normal condensed milk unless you are going to caramelise it yourself. You can follow these instructions on how to Make Caramel from Sweetened Condensed Milk if you want to do it yourself. But honestly, it's so much easier (and safer) to buy it ready-made.Mixing the caramel to a smooth consistency in a separate bowl makes it easier to incorporate into the whipped cream without getting any lumps. Our offices are for administrative purposes only, no visitors will be accepted without an appointment.

A Peppermint Crisp Fridge Tart is a decadent, sweet, creamy dessert, made by mixing whipped cream and caramelised condensed milk with grated peppermint crisp chocolate and layering it between crispy coconut-flavoured biscuits. The cream and caramel mixture gets absorbed into the biscuits as the tart chills, giving them a softer, more cake-like texture. I'm glad there is caramelised condensed milk readily available in Australia as it is here in NZ. But it's also interesting to learn that there is an Aussie peppermint crisp as well. I've only ever seen the SA one in the international aisle but think I may need to have a better look next time I'm at Countdown (Aussie Woolworths). Incredibly easy to make as there are only three ingredients. Plus, you don’t need a chocolate mould. Take the cake tin out of the fridge, take the biscuit crumbs and spoon them at the bottom of the tin until they are compact and return the tin into the refrigerator. The Peppermint Crisp is sold in South Africa as both a 49 gram bar and a 150 gram slab. In New Zealand it is sold as a 49gram bar, and in Australia as a 35 gram bar.Take your jar and place about two teaspoonfuls of cookie crumbs at the bottom. This will make first layer. Peppermint crisp can be substituted with Aero mint. I use two but this a "measure with your heart" ingredient, so go with your intuition here. Being of Cape Malay origin, this one of my favourite dishes, and since moving to Australia, ‘no one’ I know now had the recipe.. Then this morning I decided to google ‘peppermint and caramel tart’! And found the best sweet dish recipe ever. If you can’t get hold of Tennis biscuits, the best alternative in the UK is Nice biscuits. McVitie's coconut rings and Shirley Coconut Biscuits are also good options. If you can't get coconut biscuits, digestive biscuits are your last option. Ice-cream cake is heavenly on its own. Now imagine an ice cream cake mixed in with peppermint crisp. This recipe combines the decadence of ice cream cake with the delightful taste of peppermint crisp tarts and is sure not to be a disappointment. Source: foodandhome.co.za

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment