276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rust-Oleum AE0060004E8 400ml Radiator Enamel Spray Paint - Chrome

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Application: Turn radiator off and allow to cool to room temperature during application and drying. Stir thoroughly before use. The product may be applied by brush or roller. If rollering, use a short to medium nap mohair roller. Two coats are recommended. Temperature at time of application and during drying should be between 10° - 25°C. When it comes to paint, it is important to first consider the options when it comes to finish. A large number of paints, from interior wall & ceiling paint to metal paint, come in a range of finishes. These finishes range in terms of sheen, otherwise known as their level of reflectivity. The more sheen a paint has, the more light it reflects and the more durable it is.

Jenolite’s original chrome spray is suitable for use on multiple surfaces such as metal, wood, hard plastics, stone and glass making it a very useful all-rounder. It’s lustrous and hard wearing finish makes it ideal to decorate things like shower doors, interior items and garden furniture. Due to its suitability for application across surfaces such as wood, plastic and metal, spraying objects and surfaces such as picture frames, radiators, plant pots and even bathroom taps are within scope. This versatility offers you the option to pursue a coordinated interior decor style.Next, you will need to sand the chrome. Start by using heavy grit sandpaper, such as 120-grit. At this point in the process, you can either use side-to-side sandpaper action or circular motion. You may want to use finer sandpaper (e.g. 240-grit) after you are done with the heavier 120-grit. Wiping the surface with a clean cloth will help you to determine if there is any remaining chrome. If you can still see it (i.e. parts of the surface are still shiny), then keep sanding with the 240-grit sandpaper. Once you are happy with the outcome produced by this grain of sandpaper, start using a 320-grit in a circular motion. This is a finer variety that will ensure that the surface is completely smooth. If you have decided to paint a radiator, the next step is to find the best paint for painting radiators.

Scratched and scoured radiators or rails can make corrosion worse so further cleaning could only be a temporary fix to a worsening problem.

I am planning on repainting my bathroom and currently have a chrome towel radiator which is very rusty. I can't really afford to buy a new one and was thinking of painting it with radiator paint. I'm not at all sure if i can use this paint on a chrome rad, and was wondering if anyone could advise me of what would be best to use, and any tips for removing the worst of the rust.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment