276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bite Back Non-Toxic Dog Deterrent 50ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was out riding one Saturday wearing quite thin riding tights and I’d forgotten to spray Skin so Soft on my legs underneath them, and I ended up with a dozen small bites on my thighs (I had no bites on my bare arms that I had sprayed liberally). The next time I rode (the following Saturday; I ride at a trekking centre), I made sure I was drowned in Skin so Soft (including under my clothes) and wore lighter coloured riding tights, but the bites on my legs hadn’t completely healed, and I’m sure the old bites attracted the same insects, as I got seriously badly bitten on my legs and reacted to them (I’d not done with the first few). My legs looked like I had some sort of Medieval plague! Again, I had zero bites on my bare arms (or anywhere else). My understanding is that anti bite products are absolutely not intended to be sprayed at a dog, but to be used on the surface or object you don't want them to bite. Pro-Equine do a human spray. Its neem based and it worked for me. I got a couple of bottles for a works colleagues wife as she is really allergic to bites too and they worked for her.

If all else fails I'm prepared to protect myself with pepper spray but if there's a legal alternative (which is just as effective, ie. will disable a dog) I'm all ears

The UK's only natural and effective aerosol dog training device

We hope that you neverneed to use our products but it is better to be carrying our sprayand never need it, than to need it and not have it. Triple Action chlorobenzylidene malononitrole or “CS” is a white crystalline solid when pure. The substance causes irritation in humans and is used by UK police forces as a temporary incapacitant spray to subdue persons who pose a risk to themselves and/or the police officers and others in the vicinity.

Dogs are repelled by the smell of vinegar, so spraying the edge of your yard with white or apple cider vinegar can help create a barrier that keeps strays out. Just pour some vinegar into a spray bottle and walk the perimeter of your yard, spraying the grass as you go. As a side note, Pepper Spray is very effective against highly aggressive dog breeds such as Pit-bulls. So try light colours, with a pattern, of various light pastel colours....doesnt have to be zebra print. Pepper spray can actually agitate the aggressor even more thus making the situation even worse, i certainly would not recommend because of this.I decided not to ride again until after my legs had completely healed, and I didn’t get bitten again. ABH) is a criminal offence under Section 47 of the Offences Against the Person Act ABH involves assault or battery causing actual physical harm to the victim. The harm does not have to be serious, but must involve more than a shove to sustain a charge of ABH.

Anyone who is carrying a knife and is intending to use it as a weapon – even in self-defence – can be arrested, go to court and receive a police record or even a prison sentence of up to 4 years The police can search anyone they suspect of carrying a knife. Did you know dogs detest anything bitter? To keep your dog out of your garden simply take your morning coffee grounds and mix them with a dissolved bitter orange capsule/pill. Sprinkle this mixture around the perimeter of your garden. Deodorant is a good idea as the dog would have to let go to sneeze and if you have ever sprayed any deodorant near your dogs you will know it effects them straight away!!

We value your privacy

I havent been so badly affected in recent years when bitten and the only thing ive done is take fairly regularly supplements for my immune system - selenium, vit c, vit E, vit D3 (test showed very deficient) and omega 3 anti-inflammatory Aswell as a b-complex multi vitamin. I‘m sure that for some insects there is some chemical in their bites that attracts others, so if you get bitten once, it will attract more. I’m fortunate that I don’t often get bitten, but I had an incident last year when I did pretty badly.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment