276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Diana, William, and Harry: The Heartbreaking Story of a Princess and Mother

£15£30.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He's been dubbed the most popular man in Britain and believes marriage is more important than just falling in love. One of the interesting things of doing the autobiography during COVID was I focused in a way I hadn't in a while and I really, really paid attention to the sentences. The first is that Patterson’s writing style favors short chapters, and in this case, it came across at times as if each chapter were a newspaper story or article, and all of them added up together equaled a book. I now understand how deeply he must have been hurt by loosing all his military appointments and honors.

Patterson covers Princes William and Harry's loves as well, so this is a concise telling of forty years of Windsor history at over 400 pages, with some lovely color photos included.

The real eye-catcher of Jane’s bridal ensemble is an heirloom: the Spencer Tiara, which has been in the family for more than a century. She's seen the way Sarah revels in all the attention her relationship with Prince Charles has brought her.

Which is great, in terms of understanding where Diana was coming from and how she didn't fit the royal family. I'm sure that many people will pick this up because of the queen's passing and Patterson's popularity, hopefully they will see what a sham it is. Although Prince Harry reflected on his mother's death and the aftermath in Spare, The Crown's creator Peter Morgan recently told Variety that he didn't read the revealing book. There is one photograph of Diana hugging Harry, and I think it tells you everything about their relationship,” they said.In 2001, Morgan Freeman starred as Alex Cross in a film adaptation of Along Came a Spider, and Tyler Perry also played the character in the 2012 film Alex Cross. You know, talking about the first time she felt she'd really experienced happiness was when she held William in her arms. She has faced abuse and mistreatment of many kinds over the decades, but she touches on the most appalling passages lightly—though not so lightly you don't feel the torment of the media attention on the events leading up to her divorce from Tommy Lee. As she fell in love, first with Prince Charles and then with her sons, William and Harry, the world fell in love with the young royal family—Diana most of all.

I do think they each thought highly and fondly of the other but I learned that from other sources throughout the years, and all the coverage of all that is Diana. Diana’s faced with a seemingly impossible challenge: one son destined to be King of England and another determined to find his own way.

Prince William has also revealed that he does his best to keep Diana’s memory alive for his children.

Now that he is thirty, his father insists, “You’d better get on with it, Charles, or there won’t be anyone left. Complemented by an array of revealing personal photographs, the narrative alternates between heartfelt nostalgia about the seedier side of Manhattan’s go-go scene and funny quips about her unconventional stage performances. I'm always terrible at that question, because invariably I'm reading three or four books at the same time, and I go back and forth. James Patterson: It's usually where I have some kind of an emotional attachment, or I'm excited to do it and I feel there's a story there. She looks around at the three men in the car: her boyfriend, Egyptian film producer Dodi Fayed, is beside her in the back seat; their British bodyguard, Trevor Rees-Jones, is directly in front of her.

The son of an insurance salesman and a schoolteacher, Patterson grew up in Newburgh, New York, and began casually writing at the age of nineteen. Patterson may not have got all of the facts and circumstances correct, but he sure provided me a strong reminder of why I will never forget Princess Diana, her personal strength, influence, and impact. In terms of the strengths, that's part of why I sell so many books; I'm good at holding people and getting them to turn the pages. As she crosses the immense red-carpeted Ballroom at Buckingham Palace, she intends to dance all night.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment