276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elmer's, Natural E868 Carpenter's Wood Filler, 3.25-Ounce Tube, 3.25 oz

£43.145£86.29Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The stainable wood filler doesn’t match the texture of the wood around it, even when you prestain the blob of it ahead of time in a paper cup before filling the burn hole. It seemed someone made a mistake and they actually go 6 more new ones that morning, and couldn't find the box for the floor sample. Unwanted holes or chips in your wood furniture do not mean the end of your favorite household pieces. I like the square container (easier to scrape out with a putty knife or taping knife), but Elmer needs to provide one that seals tight. Anymore, I've gotten to the point that no matter who it is, I'll post a comment in their "contact us" tab at the bottom of the page if I have a complaint, question or a compliment.

Our wood fillers come in a variety of assorted colors or in a stainable formula that allows for easy stain matching. I first sanded the whole top down with 60 grit sandpaper and tried to sand out as much of the burn as possible. If you leave excess and plan to sand it off that will work too, but you will go through a lot of sandpaper ; ) This filler dries super hard - much moreso than typical wood-fill or vinyl spackle. By purchasing this product from JB Tools, the manufacturers’ warranty, if any, potentially associated with the product may not be honored by the manufacturer. Fast drying and ready mixed, they can be sanded after application for a smooth finish and don’t shrink and crack after over time.Find a shade that matches your stained top, gouge out a little of the Elmers and fill the top of your hole with the colored putty, flush with the top of your piece. New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging . From filling nail holes in moulding strips to filling gaps in hardwood floors, Elmer's® Carpenter's Wood Filler tubes make the task quick and easy. For floorboards to deck posts, Elmer’s Carpenters wood fillers are easy to identify by usage, application and color. For me, the metal of a putty knife wants to pull Timbermate a bit out of the hole if you work it too much, but using a little block of wood right after applying the filler really locks it in and levels the filler fast.

I was never completely satisfied, but the texture of the plastic wood filler looked a little better next to the real wood beside it. As for the product, I have been using it for years and highly recommend it for filling holes in wood and have used it for garage door dings, window rot and decking posts gouges. Funny, you should have read the reply I got back from Hershey's about their "Air Delights" chocolates.Now if it’s a crack in a piece of wood after opening the crack without breaking the wood off and filling in a crack with this putty works well in those cases or if let’s say after gluing a broken wood piece back on and there’s a gap left by the glue I will then I fill it with wood filler.

Goods remain the property of Sitebox Ltd until paid for in full as per our full terms and conditions.

I suppose Lowe's is following HD's lead on this but as I mentioned before, ACE still has it on the shelves. The way I ground the balsa resulted in some longer wood fibres being produced, which may have some effect on the final consistency. I have been using the Elmer's for a couple of years now for certain projects (Painted projects), haven't seen the name change, but I get mine at Lowes, as I haven't seen it at Home Depot.

Actually the stainable one is much grainer and really sucks, in my opinion, for filling balsa voids. Use a putty knife to apply into the hole you're trying to fill, but use a small scrap of wood to level it, using a back and forth movement just like you're sanding with the block .To reduce the risk of serious injury and/or damage to your Festool product, always read, understand and follow all warnings and instructions in your Festool product's Instruction Manual. If the dried filler has shrunk or is not completely smooth with the edges, add more filler and repeat the process. After the wood filler dries to a natural color, easily stain or paint your wood to make it look just like new. So I sanded down a Boba Fett helmet dome portion too far and the infill was quite visible and you could feel it, so instead of caking on Bondo I got some Elmer's Wood Filler Interior, watered it down and painted it on, fixed that issue wonderfully HOWEVER it is not very hard and I can put cuts in it with just my fingernails, so I'm wondering if anyone's used this before, does it hold primer well, and have I ruined my helmet?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment