276°
Posted 20 hours ago

VIVOBAREFOOT Primus Lite III, Womens Vegan Light Breathable Shoe with Barefoot Sole

£65£130.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Whether you’re training heavily or casually, the Primus Lite III should stand up to the task well. On top of this model being a strong performer in the gym and on a daily basis, the Primus Lite III also utilizes recycled materials and has fewer overall materials compared to previous models. Key features – Sizes available: EU41-48 (men’s), EU36-42 (women’s); Colours available: 4 (men’s), 5 (women’s) (some colours may be unavailable in some sizes); Other key details: glove-like fit, suited for running As with any sort of shoes, sizing varies by manufacturer, but obviously barefoot shoes don’t have the same snug feel as standard shoes due to the minimal materials and wide toe box. Unlike regular footwear, barefoot shoemakers want the toes to be free to splay as they would if you weren’t wearing shoes at all. Just because I say they’re stiff doesn’t mean they lose their flexibility. It’s all about the areas of flexibility. The upper is a little stiffer than you may be used to, but the sole and the underfoot are entirely flexible. The fold-the-shoe-into-itself test passes perfectly with Vivos, so you know you’ll be utilizing your foot’s unique structure and complex muscle system. Once your body and brain adjust to barefoot movement, you can start stepping things up a bit. And there’s no need to worry about getting a bit of glass in your foot, as barefoot shoe companies ensure that the minimalist soles are puncture-resistant.

While the Primus Lite tips the scales at 7.3 ounces per shoe, you'd never guess it from how they feel on the road. This shoe's outsole is so thin — we couldn't imagine an experience closer to actually running barefoot. Although it's hefty compared to the competition, when compared to more conventional road trainers, the Primus is still super lightweight — something to consider before writing off this brutally barefoot-feeling shoe. Traction

The upper in this model also complements lifting settings well due to its slightly more breathable and durable nature. If you’re concerned about the durability in the gym with this model, I think you should be safe and it will last you a while if you plan to just train in your shoe. Agility, Plyometrics, and HIIT The first version of the Primus Lite was meant to be a nimble shoe. Although the brand was true to their word, it could be the lightest they’ve made yet, there were issues with durability. Vivobarefoot seemed to have designed the Primus Lite II with better durability and longer mileage in mind, updating the upper design and materials. On the second version, the outsole was retained, but updates to the lacing system and heel padding design were made. This model will work decently for more versatile training, however, I’d stress making sure you’re acclimated to this style of footwear in these training settings. The lightweight build of this shoe makes it a joy to wear for longer sessions and it breathes really well.

For the vast majority of people, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be safe to wear barefoot shoes, but it’s important to make the transition one step at a time. If you’ve been wearing regular heeled shoes for your entire life, you won’t be able to pop on a pair of minimalist shoes and do a marathon straight away – the risk for injury is highest at the beginning, and barefoot shoe manufacturers advise that you learn to walk before you run.

Expert Reviews

There were those who went true to size but to those who would like to get their own pair, it should be noted that going true to size will be affected by instep height, foot width, and foot shape. Fit The Barefoot Primus Lite III is foot-shaped. Compared to conventional shoes, it follows the anatomy and natural curve of the feet with the forefoot area having enough room for the toes to spread out while moving. Another pro that I like about the Primus Lite III is its overall weight. My size 10/43 EU model has a weight of 8.85 ounces which gives them a very minimalist feel on the feet and I almost forget I have them on at times when wearing them all day. You’ve probably seen the Vibram V-Run before. They’re the most well-known and well-loved barefoot running shoes around. Their five-pronged glove-like design allows your toes to slot right in for the snuggest possible fit, while allowing each toe to keep its normal range of movement. Getting the correct size is critical with Vibram FiveFingers, much more so than with other barefoot shoes, and some people complain that the toe slots are either too short or too long.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment