276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Coda 1.2 Intel Celeron N4020 4GB 64GB eMMC 12.5 Inch Windows 10 Laptop Includes Office 365

£0.5£1Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Most of these systems are built down to a price for sure. And truth be told, the Coda Spirit I'm testing today wasn't the absolute cheapest device offered. There was a staggered offering with all the systems offering the same design, same ports, same expandability, except for stuff that can't be changed: Stream 11 vs Coda Lineup

A few things have changed since Brett's review. Higher-resolution panels are much cheaper, the whole design concept of clamshell devices has evolved, and the companies in the laptop ecosystem that provide components are now able to offer 4th and 5th generation versions of their controllers for peanuts, while the latest devices play a few generations on. As a result, we have a large number of '3rd tier' companies pushing out cheap systems. Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit in S Mode, Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit in S Mode (with Free Switch to Windows 10 Home) The system is also reasonably light for the price. Standard cheap plastic materials here, however they had been finished with an element of finesse on the lid and the keyboard area. The keys have plenty of travel, rather than the chiclet types of keys that I have come to detest as a writer on long trips. The mouse pad has very good detection, and is suitably large for this sort of system, compared to some of the micro-pads used on 15-inch devices.In single-threaded workloads, our 2016 chip is easily trounced by a 2009 Core CPU. Note however that the E6500 is a 65 W part and the N3350 is a 6 W CPU, so technically performance per Watt is on the side of the N3350. With the NCEMASLD-32G, we should expect to see 200 MB/s read and 110 MB/s write on here. We have some data later in the review. Equipped with 802.11ac Wi-Fi, offering a more reliable wireless connection, with less chance of interference from other devices, so you stay connected when it counts. CODA 1.2 is equipped with 802.11ac Wi-Fi, offering a more reliable wireless connection, with less chance of interference from other devices, so you stay connected when it counts. The power button in the top right corner is actually in the best place for a laptop – I’m forever accidentally putting any laptop with a power button on the side to sleep when I move it (I’m looking at you HP). Unfortunately it doesn’t double as a fingerprint sensor, which would have been gravy, presumably because a fingerprint sensor isn’t suitable at this price point.

CODA 1.2 includes 64GB of fast eMMC storage and has a MicroSD card slot so you can add and swap extra storage as required (supports cards up to 64GB).

Overview

There was one small hiccup when starting the system. Naturally I wanted to update the unit to Windows 1909, the latest at the time, from the Windows 1809 (17763.168) it shipped with. Unfortunately the onboard eMMC was not enough, saying I needed another 10 GB. The Wi-Fi chip is Intel’s 802.11ac (Wi-Fi 5) 1x1 solution, the AC3165. The module is not upgradeable, but the antennas are well integrated into the system. Here’s the main area of the laptop, with everything in a small PCB. The single metal heatsink is for practically every chip in the system, with zero fan for this design.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment