276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Armani ACQUA DI GIO ABSOLU EDP 75ml

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That sweet woodiness Morillas added to the original AdG DNA which created Absolu is quite unique making this stand out amongst other fragrances. This is the perfect Acqua di Gio for me because i dont think anyone would smell this on you and think it was an ADG.

The original DNA is evident early, later on not so much to my nose with a sweet spicy woody vibe to it. Has a great opening but I feel at times the wood is quite dry and it feels like it hits the back of my throat. I wouldn't say I got the citrus but I experienced the marine vibe but it has a certain sparkle that was amazing. Initially, this smells like the original Acqua di Gio with the Invictus DNA mixed in - watery, citrusy, and marine, but also sweet and youthful.Introducing ACQUA DI GIÒ ABSOLU fragrance for men, celebrating the union between fresh water and warm wood. I don’t know why it is hated the most among the fragrance community as it resembles of Invictus but in my opinion it smells much better than it. As an NHS business we work tirelessly to provide support to our local community with a particular focus on those most vulnerable and in need. The woods are also noticeable, they create a slightly resinous, ambery sweet, and fine wood-like scent. To my nose, it is dead similar to both Invictus and Hawas, more so Hawas, but with the sweetness being overbearing, and it eventually led me to feel nauseous.

The ebony wood brings a woody touch but also brings some darkness to it, there's also some resinous sweetness that feels just right, very playful. The original is just that, the essenza one is alright, the other flankers are redundant, there’s no need to make anymore. Then the weather changed and I tried it on a 45-55 degree day, oversprayed like normal cause it never lasts more then 3-4 hours. Acqua di Giò Absolute Instinct "embraces the sensual relationship between man and nature, mixing the power of water with the delicate texture of wood.Top notes are Sea Notes, Lemon and Bergamot; middle notes are Seaweed and Patchouli; base notes are Amberwood and Ebony Wood. After doing that I realized I missed it and ended up getting a big bottle in a swap with another great friend. With the ACQUA DI GIÒ ABSOLU fragrance for men we see an incarnation of the man, highlighting a wise and conscious sensibility, as well as an understanding of the elegance of refined luxury.

When I first smelled Absolu Instinct, the patchouli and seaweed note was too dominant, strong and off putting. The smell is OK but definately nothing unique , I have jean paul gaultier eau fraiche Andre edition which does what this try to do waaaay better.

When I first tested this at ulta I immediately knew this was a clone of a very popular fragrance but I just couldn’t figure out what absolu was copying. I prefer Absolu as a sweet scent, over Hawas, simply because it is a lot easier to pull off and works in more situations without having to worry about the trigger. It's there, front and center, but is backed up with the lemon, the vanilla, a touch of synthetic patchouli, and a small amount of the ADG dna. Think of Absolu like a hit pop song, sure it's catchy and well liked but it's also everywhere already in some form or another by everyone else in the genre.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment