276°
Posted 20 hours ago

UGREEN M.2 NGFF SSD Aluminum Enclosure, USB C 3.1 M2 Caddy, External USB C M2 SATA Drive Enclosure Case for B+M/B Key NGFF SSD 2230/2242/2260/2280, Compatible with Crucial WD EVO PS4 Xbox Laptop

£10.495£20.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED I'm aware and wishing all our systems had TB3. My home machine is a MacPro with TB2, and my work laptop is a 2018 MacBook Pro. Transcend's CM80 enclosure is designed specifically for M.2 SATA SSDs. By following the step-by-step installation guide, you can transform an M.2 SATA SSD into a portable USB 3.1 Gen 2 external drive, maximizing utilization.

M.2 NVMe SSD External ASUS ROG STRIX Arion Aluminum Alloy M.2 NVMe SSD External

The SATA drives were all in a Startech USB M.2 SATA enclosure. The USB's are of course simply USBs. The part number you listed, when you Google it, comes up as the Flexbay for a PowerEdge server and not the T5820. I work for a very large company and when an Exec wants that data, all the valid reasons in the world won't help you. So I needed the ability to shove the drive into an enclosure and access it. I didn't want to start a new thread for this as I had a few questions more or less related to this topic.

Nvidia Please No

I've got a Shinestar NVMe enclosure, but it tops out around 1GB and I know these drives go faster when plugged directly into an M2 slot. Cheap PNY 8GB commodity drive. Thing was so damned slow I changed it to 512GB and only ran 1 pass. Thats not a mistake, the random write tests are slow low as to not even register. RND4KQ32T16 is something like .0003MB/s. The PCIe NVMe SSD drive FlexBay has the physical data and power connector to allow a SATA or SAS drive to be physically installed. However, the FlexBay is only configured to communicate with PCIe NVMe SSDs. SATA or SAS drives installed in this FlexBay will not work due to an incompatibility with the drive controller. http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/visiontek-pro-solid-state-drive-500-gb-internal-m2-2280-pci-express-31-x4-nvme/apd/aa133375/storage-drives-media

M.2 USB enclosure? - Linus Tech Tips Best NVMe M.2 USB enclosure? - Linus Tech Tips

Unfortunately, Dell is a dumpster fire these days and can't answer simple questions, like how do I buy the above part. So don't waste your time with Dell, they won't help. The drive you install (Samsung EVO, Intel 760p, etc....) has more impact on the speed than the enclosure does. You can only mount two M2's in a 5820/7820. I think the 7920 can handle 4. I don't have a 7920 to look at. I was advised by Dell Support to buy the following product when I asked them for suggestions on a second drive in my Precision 5820. Generally if the drive is readable I'll boot off a custom WinPE disk I built and run USMT to salvage the user profile data to a compressed MIG store. Then I'll replace the drive or laptop, re-image, and restore the salvaged profile. So the faster the drive is the faster I can complete these tasks. Which makes users happier. I've been using a M2 Sata enclosure, but I also have 2.5" external cables that let me plug a 2.5" directly into a USB port.TDBT M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure with Heat Sink, 10Gbps USB-C to PCIe NVMe M.2 Hard Drive Enclosure with Thermal Cooling Pad, NVMe M.2 Drive to USB-C External Storage Enclosure, Fits M-Key B+M Key NVMe SSDby TDBT There is an updated storage driver (IRST F6) to include PCIE support. (to enable Windows to recognize the drive during installation): M3X3 screw(most computers include these. These secure the Y1WJX M.2 drive carrier, or a 2.5" drive into 745TM)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment