276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Senner MusicPro - Reusable Hearing Protection Earplugs for Concert, Festival, Music and Club with Aluminium Container, Especially Light Ear Protectors to wear

£9.5£19Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So far I have only ever used Alpine MusicSafePro plugs with mostly the silver filter. I go to lots of metal gigs and so clarity and definition of sound is crucial otherwise it all sounds absolutely terrible. All those guitars and vocals occupying the same frequency spectrum is a challenge especially at high SPLs. The Alpines are great for protection but the sound is not great, very low mid heavy, they tend to leave around the 150-400Hz range relatively untouched which makes for a very "woolly", "honky" undefined sound that masks all detail for guitars and vocals. These are great. I use them all the time for brass band practice and can actually hear what I'm playing (cornet) over the basses. They cut out a lot of echo from the horrible acoustics of the hard walled & floored bandroom, They are comfortable and I can hear what other people are saying and playing. They don't seem to alter the pitch of the music and my perception of my own speaking voice isn't substantially changed, as it it with other (safety dept issued) general purpose ear plugs They are robust, easy to put in and I can hear when I get home. They live in their little metal container in my instrument case and get wiped over occasionally. I have the narrow case and haven't had any problems getting them out of it ( - just tap it lightly). A tip for putting them in - try pulling the outer ear (pinna) outwards and slightly upwards to straighten the ear canal and then gently insert them quite deeply into the ear, just until they are comfortable, with a slight twisting movement, leaving them a moment to settle before letting go of your ear.

I first tested at home and noticed right away how comfortable the earplugs are, they sit tightly inside your ears and do not bother at all. Tested a bit with my headphones and noticed they were muffling the sound but keeping it almost at the same quality, except the highs, which started to sound clearly more recessed than lows and mids. Talking with people I could still hear them clearly as well, though not as loud as I should.As well, I would recommend to take them off during your favorite tunes to fully enjoy those as intended. Very poor quality. Bought as a gift for my partner who has actually had senner brand before and we think these are counterfeit as the quality is nowhere near what you would expect from that brand, and for the price paid. This article provides a performance and protection comparison for the 2020 range of Senner earplugs. Alas my quest continues (I think ill bite the bullet and go with custom molds eventually) however when these are inserted properly they sound incredible. So another concert time, sludge metal this time. It was fairly good, again, while mids and lows sounded fine, highs did take a hit and sounded worse than without the earplugs. The earplugs indeed take away from the concert experience and that is the reason I'm not rating the five stars. I guess otherwise is impossible, but well, it is what it is. I will keep on using them, as I had a little bit of ringing when leaving the theater but nothing major, next day I was listening as always with no ringing at all and that is extremely nice. As well, being able to communicate with someone during the concert was close to impossible with them on, even between songs, as I had to briefly take them off.

properly as they are difficult. When you succeed in inserting these they sit very deep in your ear canal and so you get this vacuum suction type feeling which is weird but holy hell the sound is insanely good. With these filters, you can hear literally everything in the mix and concentrate on each instrument if you want to, which is mad. I have never been able to do that at a gig. Needless to say I had no ringing walking out of the gig. Perfect. I am focusing on the ‘Assumed Protection Value’ or APV (dB). The APV gives an indication of the amount of decibel (dB) reduction at any given frequency. The higher the APV, the better the protection at that hearing frequency range.

ELEGANT, DURABLE ALUMINIUM CONTAINER for the keychain / pendant or carabiner. So you always have your earplugs with you at festivals. A waterproof rubber ring protects the earplugs from moisture, dust and foreign bodies. The SENNER ear defenders are also perfect as an airplane earplug.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment