276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Forget Me Not

£6.92£13.84Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If I’m a book, then he is all the lines between every sentence. He’s the curve of each letter reaching out to kiss the next, the swooping song of every italic, the pausing breath of well placed punctuation. I am the words, but he is the way in which you read them." … I usually steer away from sci-fi settings, but the author does an excellent job at building a unique space setting that does not overwhelm the story. Silas, the unknown man in Eliza’s dreams has spent most of his life as a contract pirate, formally known as a Mako, mining the unexplored lands of dangerous moons to earn a living. Having dreamt about a woman he’s never met every night for as long as he can remember, Silas has never allowed himself a relationship that reaches beyond confident that one day, he would find the woman in his fantasies somewhere in the universe.

I was immediately entranced by this story of a forbidden romance and fated lovers finally finding each other beyond their dreamscape. But when reality seeps in, they realize the path to each other is not as easy.

See a Problem?

The first-person omniscient POV can be jarring at first, but once you read for a while, you'll get used to it. I ended up appreciating this narration since it has a dreamlike feel that I grew to love. And by the end, you'll realize why the author made this decision. I do feel it is my duty as your trusted book rec advisor to warn y’all. Do not read the epilogue. Just don’t. Read the last chapter and end it there (jk read it). I wish I could say I can live in blissful ignorance, however, the emotional masochist in me revels in it. This book does not end in a way you’re expecting. And I hate to love the epilogue. Like I’m mad at it, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say it was kind of genius. Just trust me when I say, stay in blissful ignorance y’all. I’m not here to provide for you a synopsis, you can find that elsewhere. But I wanted to come here honestly, completely vulnerable as I write this only minutes after finishing.

Is poetic spice a thing because the author straight up did something and I am in awe. This is smut, point blank, but, like incredibly emotional smut. Another reviewer called this book straight up Shakespearean erotica in space, and I can’t think of a better choice of words. The drama, the suspense, the emotional toll this book will doll out is utterly fantastic. This story is not for the light hearted but I truly believe it is so worth it. The spice is off the charts, and I'm not exaggerating; there are a lot of spicy scenes in this book. Every single intimate experience is unique and highlights a new facet of Eliza and Silas' relationship. The scenes never felt out of place or repetitive, which is impressive give how many spicy scenes there are in the book. You've been trying not to sleep at night to avoid me," he whispers. "Meanwhile, Eliza, all I want to do is sleep, because that's the only place I can have you." I never connected with either Eliza or Silas. You don’t really get very in depth with their characters beyond them having a hell of a lot of sex and making flowery love declarations. I wanted to see more of them as individuals, and together building their relationship beyond sex. I think that there are two passing mentions that they want to get to know each other beyond their bodies, but we never get to really see it. I wanted a lot more cute moments to balance the spice. The only romance is when they spend that day together before they even decide to be together. The answer is yes. Karissa Kinword provides a poetic glimpse into this very fantasy we treasure in the dark, hopeful moments of the night and set in between the very stars themselves.Do yourself a favor and read “Forget Me Not”! You can read it for free through Kindle Unlimited. What a deal, reading such a remarkable debut romance novel through Kindle Unlimited. Again, this au The epilogue. People seem extremely divided over the epilogue, but I love it! There is so much foreshadowing throughout the whole book, subsequent rereads have only proved that the ending is right in front of the readers’ faces the entire time. I think Karissa did such a brilliant job dropping little hints as to what the ending would look like, it made it all the more poetic and beautiful. I think without the epilogue it would have been a fine story, but the epilogue provides an extra layer to the story. There’s further complication, and as a reader it allows the story to stay with me for a long time. Thankfully, Karissa released a special edition of “Forget Me Not” which includes two bonus epilogues from Silas’ POV. Readers get to learn what happens after the initial epilogue, I highly recommend buying a copy and reading the scenes for yourself.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment