276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Long Player

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The same line-up reunited once more (minus Lane) in 1993 when Rod Stewart was awarded the Lifetime Achievement award at the Brit Awards.

Two live covers are both highlights, Maybe Im Amazed is just a great song and Faces do a standup live version, I Feel So Good is a longer opportunity for McLagen and Wood to show off their skills, it runs a bit long but great overall.However, I do like this alot and the personalities of the band shine through, particularly on the "live" tracks. The band's performance on the track was acknowledged with a 'thank-you' from Stewart in the LP's liner notes.

At one time I was feeling like that, well, being stuck away was going to be my position for the rest of my life. That opening run of tracks is pretty good though, starting with a groovy bottom end from Lane and Jones on Bad ‘N’ Ruin which Wood, Stewart and McLagan spice with jam-like contributions. They recorded a few tracks for another studio album, but had lost enthusiasm and their final release as a group was the late 1974 UK Top 20 hit " You Can Make Me Dance, Sing or Anything".While the latter track was eventually compiled to CD with the release of the Five Guys Walk into a Bar. EX (Excellent): The record shows some signs of having been played, but there is very little lessening of sound quality. On August 28, 2015, the album was reissued in remastered form on vinyl, and remastered and expanded on CD as part of the box set (along with the rest of the Faces catalogue of studio recordings) 1970–1975: You Can Make Me Dance, Sing Or Anything. was released by Rhino Records, featuring many of the band's most popular tracks as well as several previously unreleased songs. Propelled by a nifty little guitar from Wood and a catchy chorus, 'Bad In Ruin' was one of their better, if overlooked rockers.

Wood joined the Rolling Stones as a full member, Lane formed Slim Chance and had a modest solo career that ended prematurely when he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and he also worked on an album with Who guitarist Pete Townshend , Rough Mix .Whilst the track itself is nice, it doesn't present itself well on this album, indeed it is somewhat incongruous in the setting and shows the main problem with the band, that of production and the basic inability to produce themselves. The album was released only a few months after the Faces had formed from the ashes of the Small Faces (from which Ronnie Lane, Kenney Jones and Ian McLagan hailed) and The Jeff Beck Group (from which Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood hailed. In August 2004 Wood and McLagan joined Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl; Wood also appeared at several other of Stewart's 2004 gigs, including New York's Madison Square Garden, the Royal Albert Hall and a street performance in London for an audience of 80,000. McLagan has fun with some boogie woogie keys and it’s the kind of thing that would be enjoyable if you were in the crowd but it’s needlessly long as an album track.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment