276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vimto Fizzy Pencil Sweets Bag 220g - Made with real fruit juice - Pack of 2

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Many of their sweets, jellies and related confectionary contains animal derivatives and are not suitable for vegans or vegetarians Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie. The "Best Before" section gives only the month, but also includes the batch number and mass of the product. I had slightly missed the date (woe is me!), but, as this review has been delayed in its release, it's not as bad as it seems, and I would certainly not expect my error to be enough to compromise the candy's quality. So I guess it is sort of a horror story, depending on how you feel/felt about attending elementary school.

lt;p>Manufactured under licence from Nichols plc, WA12 OHH, UK, owner of the registered trademark Vimto&reg;</p> There is no reason why Vimto needs to contain animal products. We call on Nichols plc to either reverse this decision or to use a plant-based Vitamin D such as Vitamin D2. Upon doing so, I was greeted by an aroma both familiar and new; there was the usual "bag of sugary candy" smell, but there was something more, a scent that I imagine can only be produced by "Vimto flavouring." The first whiff of a fresh bag of any sort of sweets tends to be a wee bit overpowering, and this was no exception. But my nose did not find it disagreeable, just strong, so things were looking up.lt;p>For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in&nbsp;<strong>BOLD</strong></p> Another user @wendytamm tweeted: "I love Vimto; I was brought up on it. But now I can no longer buy it because of the Vitamin D thing. These groups usually give out advice about what food products are vegan friendly and just try to make things easier for everybody in the community." A small range of our Vimto confectionery products do contain animal derivatives, and therefore may be unsuitable for vegetarians and vegan diets, these include: However, all of our other Vimto drinks variants, including fizzy and still ready to drink ranges, do not contain any animal products and as such, are suitable for vegetarians and Vegans."

There are a lot of vegan Vit D sources; so I am sure there's an alternative you could use. Please do; it's summer." Read More Related Articles

Conclusion

Manufactured under licence from Nichols plc, WA12 OHH, UK, owner of the registered trademark Vimto®

Another user Anna Cook tweeted: "Why is Vimto no longer vegan? Could you not have used vegan friendly D3? But Vimto are using Vitamin D3, the majority of which comes from animal products, and it tends to be sheep wool. Still, a little part of me dies inside every time I miss the "best before" date. It's just one more stain in my lifetime of shame.

Vegan & Vegetarian Vimto Sweets

Now, I wouldn't say it's the best taste I've ever come across, but it's the sort that does not get tiresome, and that's a great quality in a candy (assuming one wants to eat a boatload of candy, which I'd say is a fair assumption). However, I found nothing "fizzy" about them, so only half of the name has any relevance to the actual product (assuming it does indeed contain "Vimto flavouring"). That is most definitely NOT a great quality in a candy. Notice also that Vimto Mini Fizzy Pencils are made with fruit juices (from concentrate). Fruits are healthy, right? So I'm going to believe the candy will be good for me. It's amazing how little one needs to delude oneself if one wants to believe enough.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment