276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface for Recording, Producing and Engineering — High-Fidelity, Studio Quality Recording, with Transparent Playback

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Four monitor outputs with anti-thump technology and speaker switching, and onboard talkback functionality with a built-in, front panel talkback mic.

18i20 3rd Gen – USB Audio Interface Review Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen – USB Audio Interface Review

The iPad Pro supplies enough power to bus power the iTrack Solo, no external power/powered USB hub is required.The eighteen flexibly designed inputs should be fit for any purpose, and the ten analogue outputs mean you can, for example, create alternative monitoring mixes or integrate outboard effects units. Having two separately configurable headphone feeds, for example, is very useful, as are the physical Mute and Dim buttons and additional software monitoring options (including mono).

audio interface with my USB-C iPad Pro? Can I use my audio interface with my USB-C iPad Pro?

To connect them, you will need to connect the Scarlett either with a C to C USB cable or A to C using the Apple USB-C to USB adaptor. Despite their powerful and comprehensive features, these DAWs are still intuitive enough for you to get great results in no time; even if you’re a complete beginner.

The software control is very flexible and makes hooking up external fx and other outboard a breeze with no latency issues. Air mode recreates the legendary effect of Focusrite's ISA mic pres and makes vocals and guitars shine. Below, each section is defined and their functions explained, note some functions are specific to certain devices. Bearing this in mind, as long as you’re not running a very large commercial studio nor require a very large I/O capacity, the Scarlett 18i20 absolutely deserves a spot on your shortlist of the best audio interfaces for the money.

Scarlett 3rd Gen | Focusrite Downloads

Speaker-switching technology allows you to switch between main and alt monitors to get a new perspective on your mix, and the new built-in talkback mic lets you communicate with your recording artist at the touch of a button, helping you capture that perfect take. To make things simpler still, Focusrite has included a “Quick Start Tool” and put together an impressive and comprehensive package of free software, some in the box and some available for download, which includes Ableton Live Lite, Pro Tools Artist, Focusrite Red Plugin Suite, Focusrite Control, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, a three-month subscription to Splice Sounds, and a software tool of four XLN Audio Addictive Keys of your choice. The 18i20 is the largest of the six Scarlett-line Focusrite audio interfaces, the smallest of which (such as the third-generation Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) are some of the best portable USB-powered designs available today. It all feels very solid, and while we prefer the rubberised black mic preamp knobs to the shiny silver monitor and headphone knobs, that's obviously not a deal breaker.There’s a built-in talkback functionality which is a bonus when using the 18i20 in a studio setting, as it allows you to easily communicate with the performer between takes.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment