276°
Posted 20 hours ago

World's Best Dad Flask Gift Set

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Homunculus: Slave? "Humans with no rights or freedom who are bought, sold, and exchanged between other humans in legal conveynence", right? Father's original flask-bound form was most likely inspired by real-life concepts of Homunculi. Supposedly, if an alchemist was successful in creating such a being, he was to keep it inside of a glass flask for a certain period of time, as it would die in its "infancy" stage outside of it. He is both the original homunculus and a living Philosopher's Stone, created by Van Hohenheim; the father of the series' primary protagonists Edward and Alphonse Elric. Father remains unseen during the first part of the story. He is the secret builder and leader of the nation of Amestris, to sacrifice its population to pry open the Gate of Truth and become the new God. He is also the one who is responsible for the fall of Xerxes, he is both arch-nemesis of Van Hohenheim and Edward Elric. Father: YOUR FATHER? I'm surprised. So he had children. Hahahahahahahahahaha. If I'm not mistaken, your surname is Elric, is it not? Ed: Elric is the surname from our mother's side! Hohenheim and our mother haven't been entered in a family register! We have no familial connection to him.

Father is also highly intelligent, noted by the author as one of the smartest characters of the series. He is able to orchestrate the entire story to the last event, by planting his agents where he needs and deceiving unsuspecting parties into doing his bidding; (though he left most of it to his homunculi). He is no less adept in gaining the trust of people he needs, mostly by promises and inspiring declarations, playing on their desires and telling them what they want to hear. The high regards in which the corrupt leaders of Amestris hold him are sufficient proof of it, though their devotion may stem from his "promise" to make them immortals. Father (in Japanese: お父様, Otō-sama), originally known as Homunculus or The Dwarf in the Flask (in Japanese: フラスコの中の小人, Homunkurus or Furasuko no Naka no Kobito), is the main antagonist in the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series and its second anime adaptation Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Site Customisation

Father is not present in the 2003 anime series, in which a completely different character is the main villain. Father's primary power is his seemingly limitless knowledge. He came to the world knowing already every existing concept. When he was first confronted with something, he demonstrated said knowledge by giving a dictionary-like definition of it. Since he comes from the Truth itself and was created through Alchemy, he knows everything about it and can put into practice Alchemic rituals of which mankind has never heard of. It would appear that you’re injured. And you’re missing your left hand, aren’t you? There and how’s that for you? Your arm is broken… I only wanted to obtain perfection. I wanted this world's knowledge for my own! Why should I be punished for that? What's wrong with craving knowledge? What's wrong with seeking perfection? Yet, he only cares about Hohenheim and the Elrics because they are useful for his goals. Even his "children" are nothing but tools to his eyes, as evidenced when he did not pay the slightest bit of attention to Pride's highly weakened state, which he could have fixed in a matter of seconds, at the time of the final battle. This proves he is willing to cast aside his "love" for his children if it means attaining the knowledge he desires.

Father: Hohen… The name you said! By any chance do you mean Van Hohenheim? And how is it the two of you are acquainted with him?

Required Cookies & Technologies

Ironically, the punishment that Truth gave Father is quite poetic: By letting the Gate of Truth drag the Homunculus into it, Truth finally allows him to be an absolute God, but at the same time also stripped him from the very freedom he cherished. Wrath: Roy Mustang... He's too kind... And while that is his strength it is also his weakness. I will have him open the Gate. Foolish"? I do not think that. Do you humans see a beetle crawling on the ground and think of it as "foolish"? Even when an insect is struggling, aren't your levels so different that you don't spare any emotion? What I feel towards you humans is the same as that. When he became a living Philosopher's Stone, he used the blood he received from Hohenheim to create a duplicate of the latter's body to inhabit as well as escape his flask. Immediately after the transmutation of Xerxes, Father was fully identical to the physical form of Hohenheim. At the very beginning when he was only named "Homunculus", Father looked like an orb of dark matter, (likely pure, physical knowledge) who could form an eye, a grinning mouth, and some small tendrils. He had to remain in the flask in which he had been created, otherwise, he would have died.

At the present, after expending his own supply of souls to create the Homunculi, Father looks like a tall, elderly man with long, platinum blond hair (unlike Hohenheim's golden blond hair) and a beard, golden eyes, and a wrinkled face with a third eye that can open on his forehead. Father is dressed in white royal garments which he took from the King of Xerxes' corpse. I can always create another stone. I'm not through; there are more! A billion humans I can draw energy from! Father: Are you mistaking me for someone? Hm? Wait... Hohen... Do you mean Van Hohenheim? What is your relation to him? It's remarkable how weak they are. They have an innate fear of the dark. And how do they handle this fear? They simply pretend that it doesn't exist. They run away from it. How could anyone say humans aren't weak? It's an inherent trait. How about we take advantage of their weakness? They certainly do make a good natural resource. Right? It's all they're good for.However, Father only has flawless control over these abilities thanks to the souls of the 50 million people Amestrians he'd consumed and when Hohenheim counteracts this with his own country-wide transmutation circle, Father is left only with the souls of the initial Xerxeans he'd consumed centuries prior leaving his body unstable and eventually leading to his defeat at the hands of Greed and Edward. I wanted to become a complete being. I wanted to understand everything there was to know about God. I wanted to learn everything about this world. Why must you hamper me? What are you?

I can always create another stone. I'm not through, there are more! A billion humans I can draw energy from! Father's image bears a striking resemblance with the image concept of God as an old man with robes in multiple religions. Ironically, the nature and symbolism of his origin, methods, and goals actually make him the closest analog the Fullmetal Alchemist franchise has to Satan.

Before meeting the Elric brothers for the first time, Father and Hohenheim's actions are coordinated very specifically to match up in the manga, leaving it ambiguous if he and Hohenheim are indeed the same person. Despite basing itself wholly on the manga, the 2009 anime does not include the scenes of him talking with Lust prior to her death and when he decided to leave Wrath in charge of Mustang. You're standing at the true center of the transmutation circle. And I'm going to use the blood that you've given me to open the gate. We stand together at the center of all things. My blood kin, Hohenheim.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment