276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pure Evil: The gripping and twisty new 2023 thriller from the Queen of Crime Drama

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Joe is an author and broadcaster; he runs the Radio 2 Book Club, chairs literary events across the country and is the host of the popular Book Off! In 2008, she was awarded a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List for services to Literature, Drama and Charity. The fourth in the bestselling Jane Tennison thrillers, MURDER MILE is set at the height of the 'Winter of Discontent'. Recently sent to prison for burglary, he knows that his four year sentence means that he will miss the birth of his first child. A young girl’s body is found on the banks, near the Thames, and the police are even shocked by how brutal she was killed.

Her contributions to the crime drama genre have earned her a place in television history, and the Lynda La Plante books continue to entertain and inspire readers around the world. Lynda La Plante is the first layperson to be awarded an honorary fellowship to the Forensic Science Society.When the investigation uncovers an international drugs operation on the widow's property, the case grows even more complex. Against all the odds, Dolly Rawlins and her gangland widows managed the impossible: a heist their husbands had failed to pull off - at the cost of their lives. In the footsteps of Jane Tennison, immortalized by Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect, comes Anna Travis, a rookie female detective about to embark on her first murder case.

Publisher Margaret Stead said: ‘We are thrilled to be publishing the memoir of our beloved Lynda La Plante. Sir William Benedict is left with no choice but to exact revenge on those who have sabotaged his dreams…and Justin Chalmers and his sister Laura are about to discover just how dark revenge can be when exacted by a man who has nothing left.Dedicated, intuitive, and utterly obsessive, DCI James Langton is ruthless in his pursuit of a gang of illegal immigrants, the murderers of a young prostitute. I have followed Lynda la Plante's Jane Tennison from the beginning over many years and this was just as good and fresh as always. Lynda La Plante, a highly acclaimed figure in the field, boasts an impressive array of achievements throughout her career. The final scenes are terrifying and tense as it becomes clear that the next bomb will strike at the heart of the police force itself (not a spoiler – it literally says this in the blurb!

I understand I can change my preference through my account settings or unsubscribe directly from any marketing communications at any time. Her biggest acting credit is for her work on “Rentaghost” (which is an English program for children), where she played a ghost (named Tamara Novek) that suffered from hay-fever. Karin Slaughter)Millions of stolen, untraceable bank notes lie untouched in an old Victorian cottage, the hid. The former special forces officer is heading to Europe, to go face to face with some of Putin's most killer henchmen!When the body of a young woman is discovered close to a highway service station, Detective Inspector Anna Travis is brought on to the team of investigators by her former lover and boss, Detective Chief Superintendent Langton.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment