276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fiskars Weed Puller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Then step down on the foot lever to push the claws deep into the soil. Stepping down on the foot lever of the Fiskars 4 claw weeder Ideal for permanently removing dandelions, thistles and other invasive weeds without multiple applications harsh, costly herbicide You still have one hand on top of the handle, and with your other hand grab the orange part of the handle where it says “Eject”. Slide that section down towards the bottom of the tool and this ejects the weed (as the name suggests). Slide the orange section down as shown by the arrow to eject the weed. This is a tool created to pull weeds out of your lawn, soil, beds etc without needing to bend down. It does that really well actually. All the operation of the tool can be done easily from a standing position. If you are looking at getting this because you find bending over hard then rest assured that you can fully use this tool to rip weeds out of your garden without ever having to bend over.

Fiskars Light Weed Puller, Length: 90 cm, Stainless Steel

It will leave little holes in the ground where the weed’s roots were (you could fill with clean topsoil if you want) Viewing window integrated into the foot pedal make it easy to see the weed for optimum claw placement and clean, complete removal We bought our weeder because our friend recommended it to us. This friend had lots of dandelions in her yard. She was able to remove most of them from her yard using the Fiskars weed puller. Below you’ll see the dandelion that I pulled from the ground. The claws are clamped around it. Pulling dandelions using this weed puller Since I don’t use herbicides in my yard I am not at risk of toxicity from eating the dandelion greens in my yard.In addition to the gloves, you may also want to wear a hat with an extended brim while you weed to protect your face from the sun’s UV rays.

The Home Depot Stand up 4 Claw Garden Weeder with 34in Handle - The Home Depot

You’ll probably be able to get this Fiskars stand up weeder at your local hardware or garden store. Read on to see if the Fiskars 4 claw weeder is right for you. Fiskars Stand Up Weed Puller Review (4-claw) It is good if you can position the claws directly around the center of the dandelion. After you step down and pull the handle towards yourself you should hear the satisfy “pop” of the dandelion root snapping. Continue pressing down until the bottom of the tool is flush with the ground. If you have hard soil like we do this can take some pressure to get it all the way down. If you have good, light, loose soil this should be a breeze. The bottom of the weeder is now flush with the ground (down all the way it can go)It makes weed removal fun and easy and I really mean that. This is the only tool my wife will use now to weed our allotment as she loves it that much. Fiskars claims their weeder is now lighter than before. I don’t have an older version, so I don’t know the previous weight, but the version of the stand up weeder we have weighs less than 3 pounds. The Fiskars 4 claw weeder weighs just under 3 pounds Look for a hands-on weeder if you prefer to kneel down to work in your garden. Some models have a curved steel head that is able to plow through the soil without a great deal of effort. The handle may be made from recyclable materials and designed to be used by both right and left-handed individuals.

Fiskars Solid Weed Puller | Robert Dyas

Using a manual weed puller tool – like the Fiskars stand up weeder – instead of a weed killer, means that you aren’t adding to the chemicals to your soil. People often want to know if they can use this as a dandelion puller. And yes, this tool is a good dandelion puller. (But with one caveat…keep reading.) Once you have pushed the claws into the dirt, you remove your foot from the foot lever, and with your hand on the top of the handle, you pull the handle towards your body.

But if you have a dense grass lawn with just the occasional weed, then you likely won’t even see the holes. Small holes left in lawn from this weed puller People that want to minimize their environmental impact and not put man-made chemicals into their yard will appreciate a weed removal tool like this OR for…. Arrange the metal spikes at the end of the tool around the weed that you want to remove. Find Your Weed Step 2 – Push down into the ground But if you are over 6-foot tall, you may have to stoop down to use this tool. (This may be something that tall folks will need to consider.) Height of the Fiskars 4 claw weeder

Fiskars SmartFit Weed Puller Telescopic, Length: 1 - 1.19 m Fiskars SmartFit Weed Puller Telescopic, Length: 1 - 1.19 m

It tends to take quite a bit of ground with it when you remove a weed. Not a massive issue but it is worth mentioning, particularly if you plan on using this on a lawn. I don’t worry about them like some people do because I don’t believe it maintaining a lush, perfect lawn. And dandelions have edible leaves so it is like a salad growing in your yard.I always find that seeing pictures of products in use helps me make decisions. I hope it helped you too. Consider spacing out the time you spend weeding. Instead of completing the task in just one day, set aside a half-hour per day for a week or two to get the job done. You’ll reduce the chances of feeling sore and tired by breaking up this chore into manageable chunks of time. I didn’t have enough hands to hold the tool with both hands and take the picture. But for an analogy, it is like the pumping action of a shotgun if you’ve ever seen that.) I pulled up some weeds in a patch of dirt to show you the holes that this weed puller tool leaves behind. In this case the holes look pretty obvious. While not needed for me personally I can how this could transform an elderly or disabled gardener’s weeding experience.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment