276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Warriors

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Estes, Sally (15 April 2003). "Top 10 Fantasy Books for Youth". ala.org. American Library Association. Archived from the original on 9 July 2008 . Retrieved 20 August 2008. Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy Series #6) Hardcover". harpercollins.com. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012 . Retrieved 30 May 2010.

The author links the nihilistic violence of the gangs with the housing conditions of the city, and also explores the concepts of manhood and male honour. The gang members react with violence to the slightest suggestion of an insult. Perhaps it’s their extreme low status in society that makes them so keen to obtain respect, or at least the outward signs of iWhen everyone is at the meeting, Ismael announces and tells everyone that he wants a truce between them all, and for them to challenge "The Man" (society, otherwise called "The Others"). After the speech, some gangs couldn't help but to start fighting with each other. Not long after the police arrived, after being tipped off of a big rumble. After seeing this many gangs thought that Ismael had set them up. So they turned on him and used their peace-offering guns The large number of characters involved in the series has often been seen as a negative point; though one reviewer compared the "huge cast" to that of a Greek drama, [62] others wrote that it was "hard to follow" [63] and "a little confusing". [57] The characters have also been criticized as being "somewhat flat" [63] and "limited essentially to each individual's function within the Clan." [58] The manga has also earned praise: a reviewer for Children's Bookwatch noted that Into the Woods "ends on a tense cliffhanger, leaving the reader in anxious anticipation for more... Into the Woods... is especially recommended for cat lovers everywhere." [59] Its sequel, Escape from the Forest, was also well reviewed: a reviewer for Publishers Weekly believed that girls would benefit from reading about Sasha leaving the powerful Tigerstar due to his "growing violence". The art was also praised, with the reviewer writing that "Hudson's artwork brings Sasha's emotional journey to life, showing each moment of fear, anxiety, contentment, and joy. The cat's-eye perspective of many of the panels, in addition, add a dramatic, energizing element to the book." The reviewer also wrote that "a twist at the end will leave fans eager for the next installment of Sasha's saga", and that the book would appeal to young adults trying to find their place in the world. [60] Lisa Goldstein for School Library Journal also gave the book a positive review, writing that the plot would attract new fans and appeal to old fans. The reviewer also wrote that "though the cover claims that this is a 'manga,' the straightforward illustrations are drawn in a simple, realistic style." [61]

Hunter, Erin (2016). Warriors: The Apprentice's Quest. New York: HarperCollins Children's Books. p.6. ISBN 978-0-06-238637-3. En route to the other subway station, the gang encounters the Borinquen Blazers, a Puerto Rican gang. Hector meets the leader to parley (negotiate) for safe passage and all goes well until a girl, one of the Blazers' debs (girlfriends), desires one of the Dominators' insignia pins. When they refuse, the girl chastises the Blazers' leader, challenging his manhood. The leader then demands that the Dominators remove their pins in exchange for safe passage. Things escalate into an argument with the Dominators heading off to their destination and the Blazers not retaliating because their reinforcements have not arrived. Angry, Hector riles up the gang into a violent mood, deciding to spite the Blazers by going through their turf as a "war party" – an act performed by a gang ritual of changing the positions of the cigarettes in their hat brims. For no, with my rather vehemently negative stance regarding domestic felines roaming freely and unhindered outside and that Erin Hunter’s text in my humble opinion also totally supports and accepts this (and of course with never even remote suggestions and considerations that feral cats could easily become an ecological maelstrom), I am finding Into the Wild both too infuriating and also not engaging enough for me to continue, as I am really not in the mood to spend my entire perusal being angry and frustrated with and by Into the Wild and Erin Hunter’s narrative and Weltanschauung. In the novel the gang members are quite young, aged 14-16. Despite their brutality, at several points they behave more like children than adults, and in that respect the book reminded me a little bit of Lord of the Flies. The story, initially told from multiple perspectives, gradually focuses on Hinton, one of the lower ranking gang members and the only character with whom I sympathised. His loyalty to the Dominators is not absolute, but it’s suggested that the gang, who refer to themselves as “family”, offer Hinton exactly that sense of belonging, since his actual family is horrendously dysfunctional. The role of the gang as a substitute family is reinforced by how it is structured, since the leader is referred to as “father” with descending ranks called “uncle”, “eldest son”, “second son” and so on. In the Afterword the author explains he took these references from a medieval Chinese epic, The Water Margin, which I had heard of but have never read. The allusions to the Anabasis are much more direct in the novel than they were in the film.

Publication Order of Warriors Short Stories/Novellas

Warriors Tigerstar & Sasha #1: Into the Woods. (Brief article)(Children's review)(Book review)". accessmylibrary.com. Children's Booklist. 1 December 2008. Archived from the original on 16 July 2012 . Retrieved 14 July 2010. You may have noticed that I highlighted some of the names... Well, it's because READING ALL THOSE FREAKING -PAW, -STAR, -HEART, -TAIL TERMINATIONS MADE ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF!!! Into the Wild & Fire and Ice • Forest of Secrets & Rising Storm • A Dangerous Path & The Darkest Hour • Midnight & Moonrise • Dawn & Starlight • Twilight & Sunset Those previous points led me to think I was not going to like this book, but I decided to try anyway because I've had pleasant surprises, for example, The Monstrumologist. That book had monsters and my eyes just roll until almost popping out of my head whenever I hear that word mentioned, BUT I LOVED that book/series, so with the hope of that thing also happening with this book, I finally gave it a try. Why? Perhaps this is the most ridiculous book I've read after Twilight (and we're talking about one year). I just couldn't buy the concept. Clans of cats fighting? The hell? Yep. That's all this book is about. Some might say it's an original concept, but for me? It's just laughable.

Once I'd already had my pet peeves hit,I started looking for reasons to explain why I didn't want to finish it. I think part of it is that the cats don't act like cats. That's probably not fair, because I read Tad Williams' Tailchaser's Song and liked it, but for some reason I wasn't able to suspend my disbelief here. Housecats are not social in the way that dogs, rabbits, deer, wolves, sea lions, and other animals are. To have them forming clans, and caring about such things as group cohesion and honor (honor? Cats?) made them feel more like dogs, or like aliens that I didn't understand. I also don't think that cats cache kills for later. I know for certain that cats have no herblore whatsoever, but I'm a big reader of fantasy, so I'm not sure why I wasn't able to swallow it here.

Warriors #3: Forest of Secrets by Erin Hunter". HarperCollins. Archived from the original on 21 October 2012 . Retrieved 1 August 2010. This is a book about cats who live in the wild and they catch mice and eat them and they fight. There are four colonies of cats and one of them is mean and steals the other colonies food.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment