276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Clueless Heart: Book

£3.89£7.78Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Travers, Peter (July 19, 1995). "Movie Review: Clueless". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on July 21, 2015 . Retrieved March 26, 2022.

Hopkins, Susan (August–September 2015). " Clueless". Philosophy Now. No.109. Archived from the original on December 22, 2015 . Retrieved December 21, 2015. Cher begins the film already looking like an ‘after’ photo, so her transformation comes from popping the bubble of her privileged lifestyle. She participates in her teacher’s charity drive, gives away lots of her material possessions, and becomes friends with peers, like stoner Travis, who she had previously excluded. On top of that, realising that her love interest Josh is attracted to brains as much as beauty, she starts watching the news, and helping with her dad’s legal work. Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie.” — Cher Love film and TV? Join BBC Culture Film and TV Club on Facebook, a community for cinephiles all over the world. In response to her epiphany, Cher begins making awkward but sincere efforts to live a more purposeful life, including captaining the school's Pismo Beach disaster relief effort. She accepts an invitation by Travis to a skating tournament where she reconciles with Tai. Cher and Josh eventually follow through on their feelings for one another, culminating in a kiss. Ultimately, her friendships with Tai and Dionne are solidified. Sometime later, Mr. Hall and Miss Geist get married, and Cher attends the wedding with Josh, Dionne, Murray, and Tai and Travis (who have begun dating). Cher catches the wedding bouquet, and she and Josh embrace and kiss.There are several notable inconsistencies in both characters and storylines between the Clueless film and the subsequent television series. In its formative stages, the project eventually known as Clueless went from potential Fox TV show to potential Fox feature film, and then—for a short but frustrating period before landing at Paramount—almost didn’t happen at all. Its path to the big screen is a tale about a filmmaker inventing a very positive character, then dealing with frustration and rejection, but ultimately finding the support to make her movie by staying true to her vision.

Then, when I got the call that it was going over to Paramount, they wanted to have me work on it for no money…. And I said I wouldn’t do that—they’d have to pay me, and they said, “Oh, well, we really can’t do that.” I was heartbroken about that on every level. On to Paramount Begley, Sarah (July 6, 2015). "20 Things You Never Knew About Clueless". Time. Archived from the original on August 28, 2020 . Retrieved March 26, 2022. Cher: “Totally based on my powers of persuasion, you proud?” Mel: “Honey, I couldn’t be happier than if they were based on real grades.” In Clueless Heart, Cher’s journey to finding true love is not without its share of obstacles. Throughout the movie, she experiences a series of romantic relationships with different characters before finally realizing her true feelings for Josh. First, there’s Elton whom Cher believes is the perfect match for Tai but ends up trying to pursue Cher instead. Then there’s Christian who initially seems like the ideal partner but turns out to be gay and not interested in Cher romantically. Gray, Emma (October 5, 2012). " 'Clueless' Reunion On Entertainment Weekly Makes Us Miss Cher And Dionne". HuffPost. Archived from the original on October 19, 2012 . Retrieved November 4, 2012.a b "Alicia Silverstone: I Hope Brittany Murphy Is at Peace". People. December 20, 2009. Archived from the original on December 23, 2009 . Retrieved March 26, 2022. Christian/Frank Churchill: The initially appealing love interest of Cher, whom she convinces herself she must be in love with, similar to Frank Churchill in the book. In the book, Churchill is not available to Emma because he is secretly already engaged; in the film, Christian is not available to Cher because he is gay. Both characters engage in surface-level flirting with the heroine and make her consider her own feelings. Dan Hedaya, Mel: I didn’t audition for it. Scott Rudin was the producer, and I just was offered this job. I know I liked it. I especially liked the relationship [between Mel and Cher]. I’m an uncle to quite a number of nephews and nieces, and I don’t have my own children. But I’ve been close to children my whole life. I liked how it was written and how the character was written. The tough love. Fashion-conscious new student Christian attracts Cher's attention and becomes her target for a boyfriend. When she goes to a party with him, Josh becomes jealous and decides to follow her to the party. She invites Christian to her home and tries to seduce him, but he deflects her advances. Murray subsequently tells Cher and Dionne that Christian is gay. Despite the failure of her romantic overtures, Cher remains friends with Christian due to her admiration of his taste in art and fashion.

David Lascher took over the role of Josh from Paul Rudd in the television series, and the idea of having the character serve as a romantic interest for Cher was almost nonexistent in the TV storylines, while it was a major part of the plot of the film version. By the time the show moved to UPN, Josh was written out of the series entirely. Mr. Hall and Ms. Geist shared the same fate, and were also written out of the show by the time it switched networks. Clueless was filmed in California over a 40-day schedule. The film's director studied Beverly Hills high school students to understand how teenagers in the 1990s talked and learned some appropriate slang terms from them. Jane Austen’s influence on popular culture is undeniable, and one prime example of this is the 1994 hit movie Clueless. The film was a modern-day adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel Emma, and it followed the character Cher Horowitz as she navigated her privileged Beverly Hills life. Despite taking place in a completely different time and setting, the movie captured many of the themes from Austen’s original novel, including social status, matchmaking, and self-discovery. The Cast Hunting, Kyra (Spring 2014). "Furiously Franchised: "Clueless", Convergence Culture, and the Female-Focused Franchise". Cinema Journal. 53 (3): 145–151. doi: 10.1353/cj.2014.0020. JSTOR 43653627. S2CID 144208560 . Retrieved March 26, 2022– via JSTOR. No, she’s a full-on Monet. It’s like a painting, see? From far away, it’s OK, but up close, it’s a big old mess” — CherIn 1996, the producers created a spin-off television series, which followed parallel storylines of Cher and her friends. Several cast members from the film went on to star in the series, with the notable exceptions of Silverstone and Rudd, whose film careers had begun to take off. Silverstone was replaced in the series with actress Rachel Blanchard. Marcia Ross: We had him on hold for a long time, but they weren’t really ready to decide. Then … finally, they decided—they cut him loose actually. And it was hard. They really liked him, but they just couldn’t commit to it, and he was offered another movie. He took this Halloween movie. I remember he cut his hair for that. Paul Rudd: I was weirdly cavalier about it. In a way, it wasn’t really on my radar. And I remember I said, “Well, you know: if it’s supposed to work out, it’ll work out.” You’re in practically every frame of Clueless. Did you get the chance to enjoy the experience or was it mostly all work?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment