276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Watching Neighbours Twice a Day...: How ’90s TV (Almost) Prepared Me For Life

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Josh Widdecombe seems like a thoroughly decent bloke and all-round ‘good egg’, so I feel slightly sheepish having to slate his book. But, unfortunately, “Watching Neighbours twice a day” is a pointless, vacuous exercise in lame nostalgia that has nothing original to say about its chosen subject of 1990s British Television. Allsopp, Ashleigh (17 December 2013). "Best apps, music, films, books, TV and podcasts of 2013 listed by Apple on iTunes". MacWorld. Archived from the original on 3 February 2014 . Retrieved 4 January 2022. And it's impossible to compete with someone with no sense of self-awareness. I will scream out loud in a shop just to get a laugh off the kids, where Lou just finds that embarrassing."

Series 2, Episode 2". BritishComedy Guide. n.d. Archived from the original on 4 January 2022 . Retrieved 4 January 2022. I can definitely associate with that as the amount I watched as a teen easily surpasses time spent now. Yet, he adds: "We don't want any more children at the moment – but if the podcast is running dry we might bang out another couple."Interview: Josh Widdicombe talks about his show in the Olympia, his new sitcom and Dora the Explorer". Entertainment.ie. 2015. Archived from the original on 4 January 2022 . Retrieved 4 January 2022. Insert Name Here". BBC Programmes. Archived from the original on 21 August 2017 . Retrieved 15 May 2017.

This is a book about growing up in the '90s told through the thing that mattered most to me, the television programmes I watched. For my generation television was the one thing that united everyone. There were kids at my school who liked bands, kids who liked football and one weird kid who liked the French sport of petanque , however, we all loved Gladiators , Neighbours and Pebble Mill with Alan Titchmarsh (possibly not the third of these).' Josh Widdicombe". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 23 September 2016 . Retrieved 2 September 2016. Kalina, Paul (20 February 2013). "Risking laugh and limb pays off". The Sydney Morning Herald. Archived from the original on 12 December 2015 . Retrieved 8 November 2015.I’m most proud of what it’s done for the Paralympic movement,” says Hills. “It’s the Games which really change perceptions. This isn’t disability sport to be patronised, it’s elite competition between athletes who’ve spent years busting their arse to get here. The Last Leg is us shining a spotlight on them. They’re the stars here.” But we are really good friends and we get on and we laugh about it. Basically, no one knows how to parent – we are all just doing our best. It's quite fun that two people who do it so differently get on, and can wind each other up about it." JW: In terms of mental health and speaking about stuff, this has unknowingly really helped me deal with the last year. It is so useful to talk about these things. It’s provided an outlet and, I think, for listeners it’s the same. Considering that comedian Widdecombe and myself are practically same age, it stands to reason that we both watched the same programmes growing up during the 90's. Widdicombe has made four appearances on Live at the Apollo. He was a featured performer on Episodes 7.8 (21 January 2012), 9.1 (22 November 2013) and 11.7 (AKA Nöel at the Apollo; 20 December 2015) and hosted on Episode 12.2 (14 November 2016). [38]

a b c Jones, Alice (8 November 2015). "Josh Widdicombe interview: The Last Leg comedian on having his own BBC3 sitcom and making it to the top of UK stand-up". The Independent. Archived from the original on 17 June 2022 . Retrieved 4 January 2022. Josh Widdicombe on writing 'Dora the Explorer' - The Graham Norton Show: Episode 3 - BBC One". The Graham Norton Show. Series 17. Episode 3. 24 April 2015. BBC1. Archived from the original on 7 May 2015 . Retrieved 28 April 2015.Edinburgh Comedy Awards shortlist announced". BBC News. 24 August 2011. Archived from the original on 22 December 2014 . Retrieved 8 November 2015. Using a different television show of the time as its starting point for each chapter Watching Neighbours Twice a Day... is part-childhood memoir, part-comic history of '90s television and culture. It will discuss everything from the BBC convincing him that Michael Parkinson had been possessed by a ghost, to Josh's belief that Mr Blobby is one of the great comic characters, to what it's like being the only vegetarian child west of Bristol. Josh Widdicombe throws in the towel on Fighting Talk". Chortle. 9 August 2016. Archived from the original on 4 January 2022 . Retrieved 4 January 2022. Episode 3". BBC Programmes. Archived from the original on 4 January 2022 . Retrieved 4 January 2021.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment