276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Talking at Night: 'A beautifully observed, tender love story. A bit like Normal People. I devoured it' JOJO MOYES

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Will White and Rosie Winters, schoolmates who barely know each other, are unexpectedly swept up one night and talk for hours at a bonfire. The worst thing, the most not-okay thing in both of their lives, occurred, because the world is cruel and unpredictable and things just happen, sometimes, and their understanding of this is what brings them back together, over and over, in spite of it. Insomma, una volta iniziato, “Talking at Night” è un libro difficile da mettere giù, anche se non perfetto: se Rosie è descritta con un ottimo livello di introspezione, Will invece lo è molto meno.

Post-launch, I’ve got a few author events planned to meet readers all over the country – some in Herts, Cambridge, Scotland, Salisbury – and I’m also attending Fearne Cotton’s Happy Place Festival to talk about the book, after she chose Talking at Night for her book club, which is incredibly exciting.Diary entries fancifully addressed to TV host Ellen DeGeneres serve as flashbacks to Lily’s teenage years, when she met her first love, Atlas Corrigan, a homeless boy she found squatting in a neighbor’s house. Um noch einmal auf meinen Verlag vom Anfang zurückzukommen: Vom Ende der Nacht gefällt mir deutlich besser als Zwei an einem Tag, reicht aber für mich nicht an Für immer vielleicht heran. Will, branded the bad seed of their school, drives a motorbike and worries his grandma but helps Rosie’s twin brother, Josh, with math.

Eventually, everything is tied up with a bow, but the easy resolutions for so many long-standing feuds and family dramas feel pat and unearned. The book also seemed to me like it was a story that was taking place much EARLIER than in the nineties-it DIDN'T have a very contemporary feel, though perhaps it was authentic for the UK in the nineties?

The writing style often TOLD the story as opposed to SHOWING it-and I NEVER felt emotionally invested although it’s such a MELANCHOLY story. He’ll let my spaniel out of her crate, and she’ll immediately bounce up the stairs, push open my door and essentially demand attention – that means it’s time for breakfast, and my quiet writing hour is over! A powerful yet tender love story between two people who can’t help but be pulled back to each other.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment