276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Games Workshop - Warhammer - Age of Sigmar - Warcry: Bloodhunt Expansion Set

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The box has the Vampire Warrior Monks of the Askurgan Trueblades up against the Claws of Karanak, a Khorne warband who worship the Fleshhounds above all.

Warcry: Blood Hunt Warbands in Age of Sigmar - Goonhammer

battleplan cards, including 12x terrain cards, 6x deployment cards, 6x victory cards, and 6x twist cards From a narrative point of view we learn about the two warbands, and both are really interesting. The Claws of Karanak see cowardice and taking shelter as an affront to their idle Karanak, and so will dish out their judgement to anyone they see as a coward. Khorne are pretty overt as far as factions go, but I do like the Flesh Hound worship element here and hopefully we see more of this kind of stuff if Blades of Khorne get a new battletome this year. Weapons can be changed without impacting points which is great for list building and assembling your first box. The choice here essentially is between reach or a little extra damage. Wounds are what you’d expect for the points and the damage is also pretty competitive. At 100 points I’d look for 4 damage as a top tier fighter, so these are about right especially when you take the reach into account. They’re all very fast at 5, so this is pretty competitive. All of them have access to Moment of Savagery, so anyone getting a kill gets an easy extra action for a double. Warcray is played with a number of cards. These are used to set up and develop the game, outlining terrain rules, objectives as well as twists and turns for the battle. Each are drawn randomly so as to add an element of randomness to the play of the game.

Again, fantastic sculpts here with some of the nicest detail I’ve seen, GW keeps upping the bar and it’s in models and poses like this which keep them at the top of their field. Gnarlwood Scenery – 10 pieces of plastic terrain, fully compatible with existing Gnarlwood scenery kits, including 2x Fortified Gnarloaks with ladders, 2x Fortified Platforms, 2x Rope Bridges, and 5x Obstacles such as shattered ruins, palisades, bones, and broken posts Add some themed dice to your collection for your Kill Team of choice, with sets coming for the Arbites Exaction Squad**, Drukhari Hand of the Archon*, Navy Breachers and Farstalker Kinband. As for the board, it is huge. Now I haven’t had hands-on with a GW fold-out game board since The Sigmar Starter sets. and I have to say, I feel the quality has dropped. Alas this completely desaturated the tones of all the contrast paints, It would have been Ok I think if the models allowed me to get in deep with the drybrush and cover more of the model. but because they are so small and detailed in comparison to the Claws of Karnak, I was loathe to try without clogging up detail and causing damage.

Warcry Here’s How the Claws of Karanak Go for the Throat in Warcry

Moving over to the Ascetics and the Acolytes, these are the standard foot troop of the Trueblades. The Asectics are a little harder to kill with 4 toughness and 15 wounds for 115 while the Acolytes are a little cheaper with 90 points 3 toughness and 12 wounds. Everyone has the Elite runemark for the reaction and quad while the Ascetics have the Destroyer runemark for the triple Perfect Strike. Again, the damage increase is actually so minimal that you’re better off using the universal double onslaught instead. There are 7 gitz in total across this warband, so if we assume we’re actually paying 5 more for everyone, then that’s a total of 35 points for the abilities. That’s not quite another gobbo, but it’s still a chunky number. For all that, you do get to make you gitz annoyingly survivable with their Reaction denying your opponent the joy of getting crits. You also get an incredibly fun double to mess with the tempo of the game, something that previous was a Universal triple reserved for just the Leaders. Like with the previous boxes, the set also includes the full Warband Tome for the two forces in the box – this is essentially a duel warband battletome that contains lore, rules and gaming content. It does look like you can build 3 of the Acolyte and have the options for the Acolytes and Ascetics to be built with either weapon. As with all current GW miniatures they are mono-pose but a second box wouldn’t be crazy to round out the options. Alternative, you can recruit in some Death heroes as allys or one of the Underworlds warbands which will get you additional fighters. I’ve just put up a video talking about the Death Undwerworld warbands which I’ll link at the end of this video.Let’s start with a deep-dive into all the non-plastic stuff in the Nightmare Quest box, as there is quite a bit of it. Namely, the Warband Tome, the cards, and the board. Might and Madness Warband Tome Well, we’re really getting on top of the content now as we already did our Price & Savings Breakdown for this one. here you go, here’s the price and value of the box.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment