276°
Posted 20 hours ago

King Charles (97) (Little People, BIG DREAMS)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The coronation is scheduled to take place between 11am and 1pm on Saturday. Sánchez Vegara’s King Charles is likely to stay around the top of the charts for the next couple of weeks, explains Stone, depending on when UK bookshops decide to swap out coronation-themed displays. “That’s probably when we will start to see sales slow down,” he said. I was kind of intrigued that they would come out with a book for King Charles already for children just since we haven't really seen King Charles but rather just Prince Charles thus that particular story is unraveling. And also as a result I feel the book is wrongly named and that it would be better overall to see him as the Prince since basically he has been such for seventy-three years while having made lots of changes thus proving that you don't have to be a king or worldwide leader to make those changes to occur. I haven't got the highest opinion of the monarchy, and I think this book definitely sugarcoats some things, but overall it was interesting. The book seems to also make Charles out to be the misunderstood fellow by showcasing him as a neglected child for his whole childhood since his parents aren't by him as a child, his grandmother is the only one in sight before school and then even when he finally made it to school he was still alone even though it was "practical". And then the book showcases him as finally hitting his more mature years where he slowly starts to find himself and what that self means. Prince Harry’s memoir, Spare , which broke records as the fastest-selling nonfiction book on its January release, has slipped to 117th in the charts, having sold 1,862 copies last week. During the coronation weekend, The London Dungeon, York Dungeon and Edinburgh Dungeon are offering free entry for the first 75 visitors who hand in a copy of Spare. The London attraction tweeted: “A noble gesture to help Spare the new monarch his blushes and clear London’s streets of all questionable literature.” The books will be distributed to charity shops.

Dat is de kracht van deze reeks: ze zet mensen op een heel toegankelijke manier in de kijker, ze verruimt je blik én ziet er altijd supermooi uit! In dit geval een groot applaus voor Matt Hunt; zijn tekeningen zijn én realistisch én super schattig tegelijk. Sadly, Diana died one year after their divorce, leaving a deep hole in the hearts of their two sons, William and Harry, and of the whole world.” It explains how Charles has always loved nature and cared about the environment. He worried about the effect of pollution on our planet and became a climate campaigner.

As a member of the Royal Family, Charles used his power to build important organizations such as The Prince’s Trust, a charity that works to improve the lives of young people across the UK . He has also spent many years doing charity work and creating The Princes’s Trust which helps improve the lives of young people in the UK. Since becoming King in 2022, after his mother Elizabeth II died, he promised to continue his good work and loyally serve and respect his subjects for the rest of his life. The illustrator does a wonderful job of capturing the look of Charles. He adds greatly to the book’s appeal.

I think the thing that surprised me the most was the tiny mention of Princess Diana. I suppose she was only a small part of his life, even though I (and I feel many people) know a lot more about her. This story seems to be the briefest of all I’ve read in the series. I’ve read a few books in the series, and I don’t know if after a few of those reads they start to feel too brief or if they’re getting shorter in contest or the context itself in this story - a lot of everything - makes it feel this way. My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: This book may end up being one of her more controversial ones. It doesn't lie, but it does certainly gloss over what happened with Diana and Camilla. I think some adults may take umbrage with the characterization there. It also ignores much of the controversy surrounding Charles. It paints him as somebody who is concerned with the environment and young people. It is not unfactual, but I think some may take issue with it.

Want to save more time

As a member of the Royal Family, Charles used his power to build important organisations such as The Prince’s Trust, a charity that works to improve the lives of young people across the UK . I was first introduced to the Little People, Big Dreams series with the Elizabeth II volume. It was published in her jubilee year. Exactly one month before her son's coronation, King Charles comes out. And in 2022, when he became King, he pledged that he would spend the rest of his life serving his people with loyalty, respect, and love .

Little Charles always knew that, one day, he would have a big job to do. As the son of Queen Elizabeth II, he was a prince, and in the future, he was to inherit the throne of the United Kingdom. King Charles is another great addition to the Little People Big Dreams series, and it is perfect to gift any child or classroom with the coronation nearly upon us. I really liked Matt Hunt’s art. He utilised quite a cool, pastel palette and some of the images were very reminiscent of classic British pastoral artwork with an emphasis on nature.To get away from the attention, Charles took long walks into the mountains. All alone, surrounded by meadows, trees, and sheep, he was no longer the English-born prince but just a young man falling in love with Wales. He promised himself to always do his best to protect those beautiful landscapes and the whole natural world.”

The book begins with the birth of Charles in 1948. By the age of three, as the son of Queen Elizabeth II, he was the heir to the throne of the United Kingdom and a future king!

Engage children with digital learning

He enjoyed walks in the nature where he relished the freedom of being a young man. He didn’t have to worry about any title there or if people liked him or not. The coronation news has been everywhere and children in particular will have many questions about what it is and what will happen,” said Hazel Maxwell, Waterstones children’s buyer. “Books are a great way to talk to children about the event, while keeping young readers engaged and entertained.” Welcome to the new home of Little People, Big Dreams, the best-selling biography series for kids by Maria Isabel Sánchez Vegara. The subject this time is King Charles, and the book tells of how he was thrust into the limelight at just 3 years old when his mother became Queen. It describes how after struggling with loneliness at boarding school, he then excelled at college, where he also got to explore his artistic side. While in college, he also developed a love for the outdoors and a deep appreciation of nature, and vowed to use his position to help protect these resources. The book also references the many good causes that he supports, and the charity work he has done down through the years prove the lives of young people, work that he intends to continue now that he has become King.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment