276°
Posted 20 hours ago

NeoLucida: The 21st Century Camera Lucida

£33.395£66.79Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In terms of size and other factors highlighted in the video, the LUCY pro is unparalleled. Cheaper might be okay if you're getting what you pay for, but be cautious of inferior products priced as if they're comparable. The NEOLUCIDA XL tries to position itself alongside the LUCY flex but falls way short. Even our smallest, most affordable model, the LUCY mini, outperforms both NEOLUCIDAs, while costing less. Additional Advantages DrawLUCY models are not only built in the USA with top-quality materials but also feature smart, well-thought-out designs. Each model offers adjustable brightness through optical filters: LUCY flex and LUCY pro have two filters for four levels, while LUCY mini has one for two levels. Plus, DrawLUCY devices use high-quality half-silvered mirrors for brighter images. As a bonus, the entire DrawLUCY line is compatible with the Photo Enlarger accessory, opening up a whole new world of creative possibilities. Design Flaws Our design is lightweight (7oz., or 199 g), sturdy, compact enough to fit in a handbag, highly adjustable, totally non-electronic, and effective in all lighting conditions. If you enjoy drawing from life, or if you're interested in experiencing for yourself how the Old Masters could possibly have created such accurate, lifelike drawings-then the NeoLucida is for you. We would love to hear from anyone who has used both the LUCY and the NEOLUCIDA. Please tell us what you think in the comment section below. Hhmmm after many, many attempts resulting in the above catastrophe, I’m thinking it’s best to carry on pushing my cameras shutter button; I guess some people are just not destined to draw. Funny though, through years of photographic print spotting and retouching I have found that I have a very steady hand and excellent hand eye coordination, yet the slightest attempt to draw even with the aid of my Neolucida failed. Just blindfold me and give me a monorail camera to field strip, that’s where my skills are second to none. I will admit I’m my own worst critic, maybe with more practice and perseverance I may succeed.

The NeoLucida is a portable camera lucida: an optical drawing aid that allows you to trace what you see. Based on century-old designs but comprehensively redesigned for the 21st century, the NeoLucida is perfect for artists, scientists, designers, or hobbyists-anyone who wants to draw. Even if you’re good at it, drawing can still be frustrating. Both the NeoLucida and the NeoLucida XL are simple technologies that may make learning to draw a little less discouraging, and perhaps a little less intimidating. As a modern reinterpretation of the camera lucida—a 19th century optical drawing aid—the NeoLucida is part of a rich history of drawing technologies aimed at helping people draw. Originally patented in 1807, by the 1830s camera lucidas were everywhere. Fine artists, scientists, naturalists, explorers, archeologists, architects-all used the camera lucida for drawing in the days before photography. Still this renewed interest in old technology and the idea of influencing other mediums is great. I love looking into such devices and theories in which photography and photographic based tools/techniques are more embedded in traditional art practice than we think.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment