276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Flooded: Winner of the Klaus Flugge Prize for Illustration 2023

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I always enjoyed drawing people in cafes and markets, but it’s something that I don't always find the time to do, so this module forced me to do it non-stop and reminded me of the importance of it.

Like exceptional picture books such as It Fell from the Sky, this book has hidden depths, such assurance in its skilled presentation and then such meaning.Observing people on the tube, in museums, cafes, etc, really influenced Lost, and Flooded of course!

It’d be lovely to hear of any little Easter Eggs (surprises) that readers can find in the picturebook? No one minds at first as it was just a little bit of water, but as the city carries on with its usual rhythm, the smaller animals start to realise that it is all becoming a rather big problem.

You guys are such a force for good and I am a passionate supporter of Indie booksellers, so I'm so happy this worked out well (I'd love to know how many books were sold if you have it to hand - it felt like quite a lot! Flooded by Mariajo Ilustrajo is one of the five books on the shortlist for the 2023 Klaus Flugge Prize. Can you share with us some of these early sketches and talk to us about some of the ideas that remained in the final piece and some that did not quite make it. It was such a pleasure to meet you both, and I really appreciated how smoothly and professionally you ran everything. Can I be cheeky and ask for a tour of your workspace - it was great to get a snippet from your video.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment