276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Princes Raspberries in Light Syrup, 300g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Put the jars in the water and turn the temperature to the appropriate setting while exhausting all air from the canner through the vent port. Squeeze the vent port with your body weight to pressurize the canner. Pour boiling syrup over the fruit in the jars, remove any air bubbles, and adjust headspace to maintain 1/2 inch.

Canned raspberries though, are absolutely perfect for muffins. They’re canned in light syrup so they don’t lose their sweetness, and they make excellent ice cream or yogurt topping. They contain potassium, which is essential to heart function and is proven to lower blood pressure because of natural compounds called flavonoids. Wash the berries to get them ready for canning. Take those off and/or cap the berries if they have stems. Some berries may also need the tails trimmed off, so be aware of that. Step 3 – Load the jars Canning removes a significant amount of oxygen in food and creates a vacuum seal to keep oxygen from entering the jar sealed with wax. This prevents food degradation but also destroys the action of enzymes which naturally cause the deterioration of food.

The method I will teach you today extracts the juice from the raspberries using a steeping method., kind of like brewing a tea. How to Make Fresh Raspberry Juice

The most important things to look out for are the right boiling times, keeping the water level right, and keeping the canner clean and functional.

2 tips to consider when shopping

Bring the canner up to a hard boil. Start the timer once the canner is boiling, and process jars for 15 minutes (pints) or 20 minutes (quarts). See notes for altitude adjustments. Making juice always feels a bit wasteful, because you leave behind the fiber of the fruit. But this recipe is well worth it. I’ve also canned raspberries in a simple syrup, which I really like, but this juice tops that. Place the six glass jars in the water bath canner. The water should cover the jars by at least an inch. When you are ready to start cooking the syrup (see below), turn the heat to medium-high. The only berries we shouldn’t pressure can are cranberries. How Does Canning Keep Foods From Going Bad? It’s the time of year when I look at the bags of berries in the big freezer in my garage and say, “Yikes! I need to get busy!” Some of you may be familiar with my yearly quest to make good use of our previous year’s berry supply before the current year’s harvest. I call it “Avoiding Berry Buildup”, and it helps me keep the freezer from becoming a disaster zone. There are many reasons why I am so fond of this recipe for raspberry syrup. It’s delicious, it uses a large quantity of berries, and it goes well with a variety of foods. Also, the ingredients are very simple. This recipe only calls for four of them. Are you suffering from Berry Buildup? Easy canned raspberry syrup to the rescue!

You also don’t need a juicer for this raspberry juice. All you need is a large pot, cheesecloth, or clean pillow case, and a large strainer or sieve. What is Raspberry Juice Good For I found that often the berry pulp is still quite flavorful even after the juice is extracted, and it seems like a shame to just toss it. (This is less often the case when you use a steam juicer, they get every last bit of flavor out of the fruit much more efficiently.) That’s even when the fresh berries tasted sweet out of hand, how does that happen? I have no idea.) This recipe contains only three ingredients and is super simple to make. It is a favorite recipe around here. I received it passed down from my mother-in-law. No preparation required: the items are washed, sliced or peeled ready to be instantly used, making it an easy way to bump up your fruit and veg intake with very little effort.Canning raspberries is one of those preservation methods that doesn’t get a lot of attention, perhaps because many people prefer to freeze or dehydrate raspberries.

Once processing time is up, turn the heat off and uncover the canner. Let the jars rest in the water for five more minutes. Then use the jar lifters to lift them out of the water and onto a wooden cutting board or a kitchen towel on the counter. Let the jars cool slowly and undisturbed for 12 hours.You can also pressure can raspberries, though I don’t recommend it. Some people just plain prefer to pressure can. (Know that you can water bath can in a pressure canner, if that’s all you have…just don’t put the lid on and fill it up with water like a normal canning pot.) It can take up to ten minutes for the canner to pressurize once we take our body weight off. Step 4 – Time for canning If we notice that some jars haven’t sealed well, don’t store them. Instead, eat the contents ASAP. The canning process can fail, though it’s not super common. The food won’t be unsafe, but it shouldn’t be kept for long. Heat the strained juice to about 190 degrees F over medium-high heat, but do not boil. Turn down the heat to low and keep the juice at 190 F for 5 minutes. Add sugar if using, and stir to dissolve.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment