276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cricut Cuttlebug - Version 2 Die Cutting & Embossing Machine

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The different spacer plates also make the Cricut Cuttlebug machine compatible with most leading folders and dies — so you can save money and use the dies and folders you already own.

I don’t really see this as a problem because I’ve been able to find a lot of compatible dies on Scrapbook. The ratings/reviews displayed here may not be representative of every listing on this page, or of every review for these listings. For a limited period each machine will be supplied with an exclusive set of four Celebration Stamps Embossing folders and a 2x2 Square Stamp Frame Die! By signing up you agree to Crafty Arts Ltd using your personal data in accordance with our Privacy Policy.I’ve had the Cuttlebug for a few months now (and, yes, there are more projects on the way) and there are a lot of things to like about it. You place your paper inside the folder, close it, place it between the 2 B plates, put those on top of the A plate, and push it all into the machine. One A2 insert will hold eight A2 embossing folders or dies; one 2" x 2" insert will hold 24 2" x 2" dies or 2" x 2. Please look at our glossary where most are caught, or why not a bit of history on how scrapbooking has occurred ? The B Plates - Cutting, A Plate - Spacer, and C Plate - Adapter (sold separately) are different thicknesses so that you can mix and match.

Cuts and embosses a variety of materials including tissue paper, foils, acetate ribbon, and thin leather. I used a set of compasses as an tool to etch the surface of the acrylic, also using a little sandpaper in areas to create further tone. I relied on sideways lighting to see the marks I was making as it was really difficult to see what I was doing. It's my first time using a die cut machine so I may have dented the sheets but it still works perfectly! I tried to find a way to use a larger piece of paper and send it through the machine more than once, lining up the edges, but it won’t work with the design of the machine.

Cricut does include a brochure, but if you prefer video help, I recommend this short video by Anna Griffin.

The cutting dies give you the flexibility to cut various materials including -paper, card, chipboard, plastic, foam and more! Ink is rubbed into the marks that have been created on the surface of the acrylic, then the excess ink is rubbed off. Folder Names: Starting in the spring of 2012, the names of new embossing folders are screen-printed directly on the folders for easy identification. The Cuttlebug storage binder is the storage solution for the Cuttlebug cutting dies and embossing folders. The larger folder is great for making background embossing and the smaller version is perfect for gift tags and also for embossing small messages.The Cuttlebug surface area is 6” wide, but if you are using longer dies, you will also want to get the longer, 6” x 13” Plates or Mats. I am again participating in Leftovers International Print Exhibition organised by Wingtip Press, Boise, Idaho, USA. Since I had never used a die cutting machine before, I was a bit confused by how to position the Plates, if the die needed to face up or down, etc. Attempting to cut through materials that exceed this height may result in incomplete cuts and may negate the machine’s warranty. These A2 and 5" x 7" embossing folders are specially designed with a gap in the folder hinge so that you can emboss longer strips of material.

It's just disappointing that I couldn't use it on my crafting cause it does not fit with my empress machine but it's not the seller's fault. Cuttlebug loves the materials you love, freeing you to cut and emboss from a wide range of crafting materials. This entry was posted in Art, Printmaking and tagged Cuttlebug, Drypoint Etching, Farming, International Print Exchange, Print, Printmaking, Sandy Craig Artist, Wales, Welsh by sandycraigartist.I know I could use the embossed image on just part of my card, but honestly this is not worth the expense. You can go one step further and emboss the cut image by placing it in the folder and following steps 5-7. Opening the sides at the same time is supposed to create suction and hold the machine onto the table.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment