276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Givenchy Xeryus Rouge Eau De Toilette 100ml

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One point of criticism; the off note is present in both formulae but in XR its more intrusive, stronger and longer lasting. There's no place for the off note to hide in the compact profile of XR, but the broader and more fluffy body of OU manages to cover it up sooner. And so, to be consistent I've had to mark XR down. Both also have a herbal-aromatic component, but Xeryus Rouge is dryer, more acidic and spare, and has better definition. Ouragan leans more towards the aromatic and then gets sweeter and more floral as time goes on; spreading wider, getting softer, and becoming warmer with spice. I cannot detect the citrus or musk notes that some other reviewers do: they're simply not part of the formulation. Produced by Givenchy, Xeryus Rouge is a classy choice that will definitely win you over. It has been turning heads since 1995. Once known as toilet water, eaux de toilette, such as this one, are more diluted than EdPs and thus offer a shorter "staying power" of between 2-3 hours. Because they are light, they are a frequent choice for daytime wear. A Symphonic Composition

In summary; OU is the more mainstream, safe, fuller and more natural smelling of the two, while XR is more adventurous, more aggressive, more spare and definitely more synthetic. Top notes: Lavender, Jasmine, Green notes, Lemon, Violet, Nutmeg flower, Bergamot, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Mandarin orange and Ylang-ylang;It's not for everybody. Xeryus Rouge has one of the sharpest, most pungent openings of any fragrance I've encountered. It's likely to offend those with olfactory sensitivities in way quite similar to Fahrenheit. Cactus and tarragon dominate the top notes. The departures are essentially the same, Orange Tango; pimento, thin exotic fruit and citrus in XR, and OU has bergamot, mandarin and orange, and some sharpness, but here it's more restrained. The opulence of woody orientals is absolutely irresistible. The spices and resins are extremely complementary, enhancing each other's aromas. When this particular product is first applied, terragon, kumquat and cactus come to the fore. These follow through with heart notes of cedar, geranium and pepper. As the fragrance matures, a billow of sandalwood, musk and cedar arises to round out the olfactory experience. Givenchy Fragrances: Price UK I procured a sample of Xeryus Rouge as a teenager in the mid-90s. I remember it being magical and I often wore it to bed for comfort while reading on rainy nights. It's certainly capable of eliciting wonderful memories and associations; it's not a scent that you'll easily forget. While I give Xeryus Rouge an unequivocal thumbs up, be aware that you must apply it judiciously and it is definitely NOT a safe blind buy. However - perhaps due to a certain degree of nostalgia - this strong, fruity, flowery, and woody fragrance holds a special place in my collection. Middle notes: Cypress, Juniper Berries, Carnation, Geranium, Tarragon, Sandalwood, Cyclamen, Coriander, Petitgrain and Cinnamon;

Another point; Ouragan is available in supermarkets and costs a third of what Xeryus Rouge was selling for in the perfume shops. For light intensity: spray in a cloud around your head and shoulders, let the fragrance fall gently around you. Xeryus Rouge Eau de Parfum opens with exotic sunny notes of American and Mexican Grapefruit Essence. In the heart is a deeply seductive spicy Pimento Accord. While the sensual base enthralls with the essence of Canadian Cedar Leaf.

Currently popular on idealo

Which fragrance I like I know now, if it weren't for the 70s and 80s which steal so many scents from the show.

The “candy” of Xeryus Rouge is built from a sweet and spicy red part, a coniferous and dry grass green part, and a white stripe, which is asoapy wood cut. Red blood orange with clove buds and vibrant geranium flowers, green needles and theSarriette base of fragrant herbs, plus a white stripe of floral aquatic, Evernil, musks and cedar. In this review I am going to do a head to head comparison of Ouragan and Xeryus Rouge because they are so similar. The heads are different in detail but broadly similar in outline: piquant orange citrus. From below the top and down to the base the central core of both works is very similar, except that OU has been given some extra padding. Its only in the base that they really diverge. There you can see that a good oriental fragrance does not necessarily have to be sweet. And that's exactly what makes Xeryus Rouge so unique. If you are looking for an oriental fragrance, you will often get a good portion of the oud resin put on your nose and often rounded off with a more or less loveless vanilla base note. Sometimes I have the feeling that when our fragrance composers can't think of anything else to ensure a longer shelf life, a little vanilla comes underneath and you write eau de parfum on it >> everything fine. This fragrance shows that vanilla is not necessarily needed for a legendary shelf life and sillage, and this as an eau de toilette.OU evolves in the direction of sweetened geranium. This makes for a decent transition which moves the profile through citrus down to the sweet ambery powdery base. So it seems that OU was - shall we say - inspired by XR. One is more powerful, piquant and spare, the other a sweeter, bland and fuller version of the same subgenre, namely Woody Citrus (powdery).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment