276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Engine House: A Black Beacons Murder Mystery (DCI Evan Warlow Crime Thriller Book 1): A DCI Evan Warlow Crime Thriller

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When a landslip on Pembrokeshire's stunning coastal path reveals the harrowing remains of two bodies, ex-DCI Evan Warlow's quiet retirement is shattered. Swear words, sexual references, hate speech, discriminatory remarks, threats, or references to violence

When a land slip on the Pembrokeshire coastal path reveals the remains of two bodies, Warlow’s plans are thrown into disarray. The bodies belong to a husband & wife who disappeared some years ago, a case that Warlow was leading & was never solved.Every summer, the residents of Marazion put on a spectaular floral display from hanging baskets, window boxes and planters. Prizes are awarded for the best displays and locals compete for the award of best presented home and business property. This alone is well worth a visit. The Engine House is a Grade 2 listed conversion in the stunning development that is Perran Foundry. 10 minutes from Falmouth beach, and 10 minutes from Truro city. unfortunately we do not accept any pets and only children over the age of 12years can stay at the property. Then Allanby and Warlow get a break. Despite seven years wedged in a cliffside crevice, a DNA trace is found on one of the bodies that points to a pair of petty criminals with a history of drug dealing. One’s in prison and the other’s still out selling, and at last the police have someone to question.

DI Jess Allanby - newly promoted to SIO (Senior Investigating Officer) and eager to make her mark on this, her first major case to lead, Jess is nobody’s fool, a tough and tender divorced mom to a teenage daughter, whose cool grey eyes and subtly shifting composure may be more than Evan had bargained for. Yes, some plot points were easy to see coming, but I still struggled to identify who was behind the crimes. And I didn’t see the ending coming at all. I will definitely be following up with the second in the series.

Marazion beach

The Engine House has long been a hub for innovation, collaboration, and entrepreneurship in the Bexley. Our state-of-the-art facilities, supportive community, and business-centric services have earned us a reputation as an excellent co-working space. Now, with the addition of in-house 3D printing capabilities, we are taking our commitment to fostering creativity and innovation to a whole new level. The trouble is, someone is one step ahead of them and soon there are more bodies to contend with. This puts Warlow into a new spin as it leads to clashes with DCI Caldwell, a former colleague he never liked and who knows exactly how to press his buttons. Now Warlow is struggling with his need to solve the case versus his inner doubts about his health and ability to perform as a detective. But he can’t really stop to think, because the reheating of this cold case has set off a chain of events that Warlow and Allanby must rush to keep up with and the novel crescendoes with a perilous clash in the deadly and decaying Engine House. A relatable solid cast of characters (I especially liked the repartee between colleagues) and a twist or two kept my interest to the end.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment