276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My First Flopsy Rabbit

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Beatrix Potter was born and raised in London, the eldest child of parents who had both inherited Lancashire cotton fortunes. Her father Rupert, a qualified barrister, married her mother Helen in 1863. They left their family roots in the industrial Midlands to live in a large house in the exclusive area of South Kensington, London. It was here, at number two Bolton Gardens, that Beatrix Potter was born in July 1866 and raised in an affluent Victorian household complete with maids, cooks, butlers and nursemaids. Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny are brought together once more in this exciting tale of danger and friendship.

The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies - Wikipedia

The Obverse design is that of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark. At the age of 33, Jody Clark was the youngest person to design the monarch’s profile on this currency. Jody Clark was also the first Royal Mint employee to design a UK definitive coin portrait in more than 100 years. He had only been working at The Royal Mint for about two years prior. The new design would be the first time her portrait had been changed in 17 years. To put the figures in context, the original 2016 Peter Rabbit 50p was minted 9.6million times, while the one released a year later had a circulation of a massive 19.3million. One of my most prized possessions is my ‘Tales of Peter Rabbit and Friends’ box set. I remember my Mum and Dad reading the stories to me before bedtime, and when I became a more confident reader I would sit and read the books for hours, admiring the beautiful illustrations. In fact, sometimes I just looked at the pictures because I loved them so much. There were 32 drawings for The Tale of The Flopsy Bunnies in Potter's will, which were presented to the British Museum in 1946. The group consists of 28 watercolours reproduced for the front cover and the illustrations beside the text, along with four preliminary studies for them, two of which are executed entirely in pen. They're something of an exception in the Museum's graphic collection as book illustrations have never been the focus for collecting, but such was the fame and quality of Beatrix Potter's drawings that they were gratefully accepted and have featured in two recent external exhibitions of her work.

Share this article

Jody Clark’s design was unveiled in 2015 as the fifth definitive coinage portrait of Her Majesty and the fourth portrait of The Queen in circulation. This designer introduced elements of personality giving the Queen a hint of a smile. Jody Clark wanted to create a more positive look on the Queen. He had examined several sculptures of The Queen before deciding on the warm expression. The little rabbits smiled sweetly in their sleep under the shower of grass; they did not awake because the lettuces had been so soporific.

English KS1: Beatrix Potter. The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies - BBC

Mopsy is Flopsy's twin sister, they are both seen doing everything together and they are hardly ever apart from one another. They're both 10 years old and share similar personalities. They often take care of their little 2-year-old sister, Cotton-Tail and go for picnics together. Add a very rare Beatrix Potter coin to your collection. Or, give it as a very special gift to start a child’s collection or to celebrate their birth or baptism. When she felt the vegetables she became very very angry. She said that Mr. McGregor had “done it a purpose.” Like the majority of the works on paper collection, they're not on permanent display to avoid the watercolour fading but are available to view by appointment in the Prints and Drawings study room. View a selection in the online gallery below.When they got there the lettuces had all been dug up and someone had put them on Mr McGregor’s rubbish heap. There were so many the Flopsy Bunnies couldn’t believe their eyes. They were filled with joy by the sight of all the juicy green leaves - and it wasn’t long before they had eaten every single one! Mr. McGregor’s rubbish heap was a mixture. There were jam pots and paper bags, and mountains of chopped grass from the mowing machine (which always tasted oily), and some rotten vegetable marrows and an old boot or two. One day—oh joy!—There were a quantity of overgrown lettuces, which had “shot” into flower. In her thirties, Potter published the highly successful children's book The Tale of Peter Rabbit and became secretly engaged to her publisher, Norman Warne, causing a breach with her parents, who disapproved of his social status. Warne died before the wedding. Gatford, Hazel (2004). Beatrix Potter: Her Art and Inspiration. The National Trust. ISBN 1-843591-05-7.

my Flopsy Bunny Beatrix Potter 50p rare and worth lots of Is my Flopsy Bunny Beatrix Potter 50p rare and worth lots of

The Flopsy Bunnies simply stuffed themselves with lettuces. By degrees, one after another, they were overcome with slumber, and lay down in the mown grass.

Is Flopsy Bunny 50p rare?

Do I need to fit winter tyres to my car now it is getting colder? And what are the differences and benefits to summer tyres and all-season tyres?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment