276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Aftercut 20400460 Weed and Moss Killer, Natural, 100 sq m

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In terms of actual timing, you want to complete the cut and clear process a few days, maybe four, before you want to spread the lawn weed and feed. The best month to take this on is April or May. My pro tip is to half feed the lawn twice rather than go all in the first time. With the lawn cut take out your scarifier. I like to use a scarifier and lawn raker. My preference is the Bosch lawn raker and scarifier. Some prefer to go with a lawn scarifier and aerator in one. In that situation I would use the Einhell scarifier and aerator as it’s my favourite choice at the moment.

Make sure you don’t apply this if your lawn is too dry, it won’t break down and in properly. Ideally the lawn is a bit moist and soft helping to take the nutrient rather than a downpour resulting in it running straight off! Not ideal obviously. Apart from that, make sure to keep your kids and pets out the way following the instructions which by the way are minimal and you are good to go! Try not to be overzealous if you apply by hand or similar. You’ll end up with brown patches if you over apply the mix. This is why I prefer a spreader so much more so it’s bulletproof. Like most products used on the lawn, they are only effective if they are used correctly and weed killers are no different. Several tips can help you obtain optimum results when using a weed killer on your lawn. The following advice is primarily for a liquid weed killer that is to be applied through a sprayer. We believe this is the most effective way of controlling weeds on the lawn. We've tested several lawn treatments from big-name garden brands, including Evergreen, Miracle-Gro and Scotts, to see which will keep your garden looking its best.

Leaving the lawn for a further 3 days improves the uptake of the chemicals as it allows them to travel through the whole of the plant and down to the roots. As lawn feeds go, this product is especially fast-acting. Results are often visible even sooner than the ‘5 days’ quoted by Miracle-Gro. That said, there are cases where this product hasn’t worked for everyone. Whether that’s due to grass type or weather conditions, results can vary lawn to lawn. Since liquid herbicides penetrate deep into leaf surfaces, they leave behind a lasting effect as long as it doesn’t get washed away by too much rainfall/irrigation afterwards. This means your lawn will require less maintenance in the future as long as you apply it periodically to prevent regrowth from advancing further into your grasses. Mosskillercombined with fertiliser (nitrogen, phosphorus or potassium, indicated by the abbreviations NPK) can be beneficial if the grass is growing poorly. Available products includeMiracle-Gro Evergreen Complete 4 in 1, Westland Aftercut All-in-One Feed, Weed and Moss killer, and Maxicrop Moss Killer and Lawn Tonic liquid concentrate (with seaweed extract)

I just prefer extra value for money. There’s no other loopholes here and the same application applies. I would say one extra thing. It would be a thing of beauty if you could time application with rain following after for a couple of days. That would get the mix into your grass roots and away from your pets paws. Killing moss with chemicals is not a straightforward procedure. There are various options to choose from, either liquid or granular moss killer. Apply liquid formulas early in the morning, or in the evening. If it gets too hot then the formula will evaporate before it’s had time to be absorbed.Now is the time to step into the plan above. Get the lawn cut, scarified, and aerated so you can add your lawn weed and feed. June/July/August Be sure not to apply during frosty weather conditions as products won’t take effect until the temperature rises again. It’s a product that helps preserve the natural appearance of the lawn, for those gardeners who like having daisies and clover poking through as well. Miracle-Gro EverGreen improves the health of the grass but doesn’t contain any weed killing properties.

Well, that’s what lawn feed can do. Of course, there are some products which are just lawn food, and some which will also deal with weeds and/or moss. It’s up to you to choose which is most appropriate for your situation. But whatever you go with, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. Value for Money Spray during suitable weather and ground conditions. Choose a dry day that is relatively still to avoid the chemical drifting onto non-target plants. It is also important that there is no rain forecast as this can wash the chemical off the leaves of the weeds and reduce the effectiveness of the weed killer. It uses SmartWater technology that’ll help your grass absorb and hold onto as much of the available water as possible. Naturally, in a drought or hot summer cycle, this will considerably improve your chances of holding a lush green grass. The most common way to get rid of moss is by using a weed killer. There are many different types of weed killers available on the market, and it can be difficult to choose the right one. In this article, we’ll recommend some of the best weed killers for killing moss.

Product Videos

Watering the grass is still recommended before application, to further encourage even distribution.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment