276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sigma 321955 85 mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon Mount Lens - Black

£44.95£89.90Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So optically the lenses are equals and better than the amazing 1.4/85G Nikon and much better than the 1.2/85 Canon.

If you can work with manual focus there are two major alternatives to consider: The Samyang/Rokinon/Walimex 85mm f1.4 AE for around 350 EUR (see the Samyang 85mm f1.4 review) which is the absolute cheapest way to get a 85mm f1.4 lens. And the Zeiss 85mm f1.4 Otus which earned a Highly Recommended for its benchmark image quality and tank-like build-quality in my Zeiss Otus 85mm f1.4 review but also costs around 3900 EUR.Statistical data is for photographers that don't actual make images, actual real world data is for actual photographers. This is the part that I truly love about the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art. It provides exceptional sharpness with smooth bokeh. Even wide open at f/1.4, this lens works incredibly well. Auto-Focus– With a new AF motor, this lens is the star-performer of the Art lineup and is engineered to be unparalleled to its predecessor, and rivals top-of-the-line competitors.

The AF noise of the 85GM is something I usually don't hear and my ear is a fe winches away from the device, so it's an 'issue' blown completely out of proportion by a few people, mostly armchair enthusiasts and Sony haters. With an equivalent focal length of 136mm and an equivalent aperture of F2.2, this lens can be used on an APS-C camera. Even with its slightly longer focal length, it does still fit into the focal range that's often used by portrait photographers and the fast aperture does allow for it to be used in low-light situations as well. However, its size, weight and price makes it worth considering 85mm F1.8 lenses instead. Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG HSM Art headline features The Sigma 85mm Art is up against several lenses in it’s same class, considered alternatives. Although Canon doesn’t have an identical f/1.4 equivalent, there are still options that it can be weighed against: The lens hood is included and reversible for transport, the lens caps are similar to Nikon’s pincer-type. The lens hood does not cast a shadow from the in-camera flash at 85cm shooting distance. And the lens comes with a nicely padded lens case and strap. [+] I tested the 85mm lenses with the setup above. It’s not a laboratory test, of course, but I tried to keep everything consistent. Here are the competitors I tested:This asymmetry may not be much of an issue outside the lab, where it could arguably lend itself to some of the character for which the Nikkor is praised. However, the Nikkor also has higher levels of chromatic aberration than either the Sigma or the Milvus. And while low at 7 microns, it’s still somewhat troublesome in a lens designed for portraits. As for vignetting, despite being slightly more noticeable than with its predecessor, the Sigma has the least visible fall-off of the three. As you can see, Sigma 85mm Art is a big lens compared to other 85mms. This is sometimes an advantage, sometimes a weakness. Customers may think that you’re more “professional” with big lenses, but you may also think that you don’t need to carry this much weight to get good looking photos. Sharpness Tests

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment