276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PME Blue Chocolate Luxury Cake Drip, 150 g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Slowly mix in 5 cups of powdered sugar on a low speed. Add 2 Tbsp of heavy cream halfway through to make the frosting easier to mix. All you need is a cup of white chocolate chips, and some heavy cream. If you have a kitchen scale you can also weigh your white chocolate chips. You will need 175g for this recipe. You can also use regular white chocolate chips, chocolate wafers, or even a chopped up white chocolate bar for the chocolate this recipe calls for.

With that in mind, there are a few things that are super helpful to know when making a blue drip cake. I share everything you need to know below, and walk you through each step of the process. How Do I Make Blue Drips for a Cake?

Pour in egg whites, and mix on low until just incorporated. Mix in the buttermilk in two installments, on a low speed.

To make the cakes, mix together the butter and sugar until creamy, then mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. Finally, gently mix in the self raising flour. I only have three 8" cake tins, so I made half of the cake mixture, coloured and baked it. Then repeated the process for the other three colours.Mix on low for a couple extra minutes to make the frosting super smooth, and to get it to the desired consistency. Is there anything else you’d like to know about drip cakes? I’m certainly not an expert per se, but if you have more questions, let me know in the comments below and I’ll do my best to answer!

The most common type of drip is a dark chocolate drip, so I'd recommend using dark chocolate for your first few forays into the drip cake world. White chocolate is also popular, while milk chocolate trails behind and is rarely used from what I've seen. The extra milk in both white and milk chocolate make them harder to work with, but not impossible. If you want to get technical, the best type of chocolate to use has between 50-60% cocoa. This drip cake recipe is made with white chocolate, which allows you to color it using gel food coloring! For the white chocolate, I love using the Whole Foods mini white chocolate chips, because they melt so easily! The cake will keep in an airtight container for 3 days in a cool place. You can freeze the sponges either alone, or decorated (but do not freeze the sprinkles). Once the sponges are fully cool, wrap them well with cling film or put them in an airtight container with some baking paper between them. You can freeze the buttercream on it’s own in a tub, or you can decorate the cake and freeze it fully assembled. To do this and avoid damage to the decoration, freeze it either in an airtight container or let it freeze solid on a cake board or plate, then wrap in cling film. Remove the cling film when you take it out to defrost it, if you don’t it could damage the decoration as it defrosts and softens. You can also freeze slices of the cake, again well wrapped in cling film or in airtight containers. Can this cake be made in different size cake tins? But for all you know, you may have overcorrected! You may have actually heated or cooled your ganache too much.Baking has always been a form of therapy for me in a way that I can always escape what is happening in the world and just enjoy baking some sort of cake, cookie, dessert or anything else. Colorful drips are such a simple and gorgeous way to decorate a cake. It’s one of my favorite decorating techniques, and that’s why I’m sharing this tutorial on how to make a drip cake! Self raising flour, which is very commonly used in the UK where I am based, already contains a raising agent and a little salt too. Therefore if you want to swap it for plain or all purpose flour, you will need to add some baking powder and also a little salt if you like. Some people like to add salt to cake recipes and some don't, so I'll leave that up to you as it won't affect the bake. The general advice is to add 2 teaspoons baking powder (a measuring teaspoon, not the kind you stir your coffee with) per every 200g plain or all purpose flour. So for this recipe you'd need to add 5 ¼ teaspoons baking powder. Please note, I have not tested this recipe using plain or all purpose flour. Will chilling the cake in the fridge dry it out? If desired, add in blue gel food coloring and stir by hand with a rubber spatula until the batter is evenly colored. I like using a squirt bottle because it helps you add drips to a cake a lot faster than a spoon. In my opinion, it also is a lot easier and cleaner! If you have leftover ganache, you can simply pop the cap on your bottle and throw it in the fridge.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment