276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sky MINI SD501 Wireless Connector

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The easiest step of all is achieved when your Sky box comes with built-in Wifi. You will find that many of the newer boxes will come with this as standard, but if you have an older model, as many of us still do, you will need to perform the actions listed in either the wired or wireless section above to connect the WiFi to your Sky box normally.

Sky provide an Sky+ app that can be used on both the iPhone and Android operating systems. This is a very useful app even without the addition of the On Demand Connector, and offers TV guide and the ability to remotely set up your Sky+HD unit to record a program. Multiroom (as above), This means adding a second sky box to your bedroom. This will need separate connections from your dish to the new bedroom box. The Sky Wireless Connector is a device that allows you to connect your Sky box to your home’s wireless network. It enables you to access on-demand services, such as catch-up TV, Sky Store, and Sky Box Sets, without the need for a physical Ethernet cable. The wireless connector essentially turns your Sky box into a wireless device, giving you the flexibility to position it anywhere in your home where you can get a good wireless signal. Wired internet is perhaps the most reliable form of internet connection, ensuring a stable, uninterrupted connection flowing through the cable from your WiFi router to the Sky box. You will need an ethernet cable if you wish to connect the two. Once you have one, simply locate the internet port (pictured above) on your WiFi router and plug the wire in, then do the same on your Sky box. Built-in WiFi If it is not possible to install additional cabling throughout your house, Powerline Adapters can also be used to good effect. These send/receive data down the existing mains electrical cable and ring main (or ring final circuit for any electricians that may be reading) . I recommend reading our previous blog – Powerline Adapters, All You Need To Know for more information on this but one potential caveat is that the adapters need to be installed on the same electrical circuit which isn’t always the case.The reason I ask is that I was going to sell my HD box when subscription ends but I wanted to use the sky wireless connector to connect my Humax FoxSat HD-R to access on demand.

The main Sky Q box is connected to a wideband LNB with two separate coax cables (1 cable for dSCR systems). As there is no switching at the LNB as there was was previous Sky systems. The same connections can be used to feed to multiple satellite tuners. You do not need separate satellite connections for every Sky box. Once the Sky Wireless Connector is connected to both your Sky box and your router, it acts as a bridge, transmitting data wirelessly between the two devices. This allows your Sky box to access on-demand content, catch-up TV services, and other online features without the need for a direct wired connection. When you set up the Sky Wireless Connector, you will need to follow a simple installation process. This typically involves plugging the device into your Sky box’s Ethernet port and connecting it to a power source. Once powered on, the device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks, allowing you to select and connect to your home network. I had the same problem, and traced it to an overheating fault in the wireless adapter. Basically, the electronics inside are rubbish, and overheat very easily, with the main symptom being dropped connection. by [email protected] (Maximilian Speicher & Johanna Jagow) (Articles on Smashing Magazine — For Web Designers And Developers) on October 26, 2023 at 10:00 amWhen paired up with the On Demand Connector however, a number of additional features are provided as listed below. Setting Up So, say goodbye to tangled cables and embrace the freedom of wireless connectivity with the Sky Wireless Connector. It’s an essential accessory that enhances the viewing experience and makes your entertainment journey even more enjoyable. FAQs

Cost-effective Solution: Investing in a Sky Wireless Connector is a cost-effective solution compared to alternative options. Rather than paying for additional Sky boxes or professional installation, the wireless connector provides an affordable and efficient way to connect your Sky box to the internet and enjoy the benefits of wireless streaming.A Sky Wireless Connector is a versatile device that offers several benefits for users. Whether you’re a tech enthusiast or simply looking to enhance your entertainment experience, this accessory can help streamline your wireless connectivity and make your life easier. Here are some of the key benefits of using a Sky Wireless Connector: I'm having a problem with my TV connecting to Sky. My little WPS box (Mini wireless connector) isn't working. When I press the WPS button, nothing happens. The sky box is still recording a pre set programme but won't show on the TV. Can anybody help please? TIA It is important to note that the effectiveness of the Sky Wireless Connector’s wireless connection may vary depending on factors such as the distance between the Sky box and the router, the presence of physical obstacles, and the overall strength of your Wi-Fi signal. However, with a strong and stable Wi-Fi network, the Sky Wireless Connector can deliver reliable and high-quality performance. Benefits of Using a Sky Wireless Connector Enhanced Flexibility: By using a Sky Wireless Connector, you gain the flexibility to place your Sky box anywhere in your home, as long as it’s within the range of your Wi-Fi network. This allows you to position your TV and Sky box in the most convenient and aesthetically pleasing location, without being limited by the location of your router. For a cost, there is an extensive range of films offered, significantly more than the limited options (Anytime) that are offered without the On Demand Connector.

Video sender. This is a wireless device that "sends" the picture and sound from the main box wirelessly to a receiver on the bedroom TV. Most have IR remote control extenders so you can control the sky box from the bedroom. Some work on 2.4GHz, the same frequency as wifi, some on 5GHz. This method is not only easy but it is convenient. Choosing to go wireless means you will have fewer cables trailing around the house, especially if your Sky box and the wireless router are in two different rooms. To start this process, simply press the WPS button on your router, then press the WPS button on your connector, to connect the two devices. Detailed steps are below. If being obstructed by any way, try moving your Sky Q mini-box out into the open so the signal isn’t being restricted by anything. This may mean removing it from inside a cabinet or from behind a TV. by [email protected] (Victoria Johnson) (Articles on Smashing Magazine — For Web Designers And Developers) on October 27, 2023 at 3:00 pm Please do not call our telephone lines with comments or questions. We do not have the time, staff, motivation, and patience to provide over the phone free technical advice/ support. We are a small business serving the South East UK only.Seamless Wireless Connection: With a Sky Wireless Connector, you can enjoy a seamless wireless connection between your Sky box and your home’s Wi-Fi network. This means you don’t have to deal with messy cables or worry about running wires across your living room. The wireless connectivity provided by the Sky Wireless Connector ensures a reliable connection, allowing you to enjoy uninterrupted streaming and on-demand content. An SD501 MINI On Demand Connector connects to the USB port of later DRX890 and DRX895 model Sky+HD boxes. The ability to control the Sky+HD box in real time is a useful asset but most people in practice are likely to continue to use their standard remote for this. The Cons do you keep your router on all the time "broadband " can be turned off "fiber needs to on all the time " could do with rest Sky Store and Movies (categorised into a number of different areas and available at a range of prices).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment