276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Playseat® Evolution Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What better place to park your bottom for some top-level Forza action than in the official Forza Motorsport racing chair? This is just a Playseat Evolution, and there are many designs, including other racing games and even Red Bull, but if you're a Forza fan it doesn't get any better than this.

We noticed the frame creak now and again when there is large movement within the chair or when getting in and out. This is likely to worsen over time and is due to its construction but its a minor point and can be lived with in our opinion. We installed a Logitech Driving Force GT Gaming Wheel which fits on perfectly and looks as one with the PlaySeat once all set up. The housing plate is wide enough to accomodate most wheels and whilst the Drive Force GT clamped on, there is provision to screw to the plate should it be needed depending on the wheel you are using. Its a shame that the seat slider does not come as standard. After some use with different people hopping on and off it, we know we could not have done without it as we would otherwise have to have kept making manual adjustments to the frame. The chair is modeled on the sort of thing you might find in actual racing cars, with an integrated pedal platform, steering wheel stand, and support for adjusting both recline and height. For longer racing sessions, comfort is key, and getting hunkered own in a Playseat Evolution is about the best way to do it. It's also compatible with a wide range of first and third-party accessories to make your racing experience your own. I am 6ft 5 and weigh around 90kg. That means I needed to max out the settings. Once adjusted, it acomodated my weight and height absolutely fine. The steering wheel ended up higher than I would have liked owing to my high knees but ultimately was not a problem in the slightest. Boxing and AssemblyThis PlaySeat review will therefore treat the three models as one in addition to the few different limited edition types based on the Evolution / Alcantara seats such as the Forza style seat. Currently the following editions are available though there are some in existence that have been discontinued and other editions that may come out in future with the release of new games: As for the chassis, once you assemble the two side plates to create the chassis, the frame parts slot in together and tighten with hand screws at 3 points, the base just underneath the chair, the footplates and at the steering wheel column. Each section can be extended or shortened to suit each users height and length. Its annoying to have to make length adjustments frequently by unscrewing the knob just under the seat which is why we said earlier above that the seat slider is a must have. If its just one persons that will be using the seat then you may be able to get away without it. If you're a serious Forza fan looking to get the most from your virtual racing you'll be grabbing your wheel and strapping into the Playseat Evolution Forza Motorsport edition. To look at it alone is probably enough to make you want it, but it's definitely not all show and no go. It's comfortable, well made, and will put you in the perfect position to hit the tarmac and pound out some laps. I might be well placed to comment on the comfortness and build quality given my aforementioned height and weight. I found the frame was at near max settings when I was using it to cater for my long legs and arms. I’m no heavyweight but I think 90kg is probably heavier than the average user. The dimensions of the chair are 130 x 50 x 98 cm / 51 x 20 x 39 inches and whilst it can fold away, you do need a bit of storage space if you are not going to leave it set up. That said, leaving it set up in you house is absolutely an option (girlfriend permitting) as it looks so good that it is likely to intrigue visitors as opposed to scare them off!

Make no mistake, this is a luxury product for those with the cash and the space in their home to house one but the PlaySeat racing seat truly elevates your racing experience to new heights. You may find that the cushioned seating does not provide enough comfort to withstand long play sessions and I certainly felt that during endurnce races in Gran Tursimo 6. Sitting in any position for a long duration is likely to cause you discomfort but you do feel that the padding in the seat could have been bolstered to provide a bit more comfort. But generally speaking it is comfortable and you can always add your own cushions if it does become uncomfortable. ExtrasIt comes out very easily and the PlaySeat took us around 25-35 minutes to fully assemble. Is relatively straight forward but took us a bit more time because we also got the separate PlaySeat Seat Slider which again was relatively straight forward to put on. While it comes from a brand you may not be familiar with, this is actually one of the best gaming chairs you can get right now. If you're playing Forza with a controller rather than a wheel, a good desk chair is what you want. I've been using this one personally for some time as my everyday gaming chair, and I feel great recommending it. In addition to the slider, you can buy a PlaySeat Gear Shift Holder and a PlaySeat Mat which really does give it a neat touch. Without the PlaySeat Mat we feel the PlaySeat looks incomplete and so we are not sure why it was not included as standard. The Mat does get dented by the PlaySeat over time and is not the easiest to hoover but it has a good underneath grip for smooth surfaces and sits fine on carpets too. We definitely think that it looks superb and makes the PlaySeat standout in the room. It will save your carpets from getting dented and your laminate flooring getting scratched up. It also makes wearing a headset less important, since the built-in speakers provide some serious immersion. If you're also using a racing wheel, whether connected to a stand or your desk, your little ones will have a great setup.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment