276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elephant

£17.105£34.21Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The album's lyrical themes revolve around the idea of the "death of the sweetheart" in American culture. This album really comes to life on vinyl and hearing it on the turntable turned me from a casual fan to obsessed with this band. To date it's sold 4 million copies worldwide, achieving platinum-sales certification from the Recording Industry Association of America and 3x platinum from the British Phonographic Industry.

The White Stripes – Elephant (2003, Vinyl) - Discogs

I don't remember if I took care of it correctly when I got it, but the sleeve has kinda fallen apart over the few years I've owned this. According to a review in The New York Times, the White Stripes attempted to achieve the idea of "Back to Basics" as well as encouraging other rockers to try the same way. I’ve already checked out a few of those live tracks myself, such as “The Hardest Button to Button (Live at The Aragon Ballroom, July 2, 2003),” and I wouldn’t be averse to getting all of them on a separate multidisc LP release at some point (hint, hint).By that metric, this ubiquitous duo are more than certainly going down in history; Elephant, the Stripes' fourth album, is lent the sonic perfection and signature packaging it deserves, with Analogue Productions and Third Man Records teaming up for the ultimate reissue edition here.

White Stripes – Elephant (2013, 180g, Vinyl) - Discogs The White Stripes – Elephant (2013, 180g, Vinyl) - Discogs

Though pressed by Pallas, this reissue was sourced from the plates made for Elephant edition, which was cut and pressed by Optimal Media instead. An eagle-eared AP reader noted in the Comments section underneath our Facebook post of this story that all of the live material from that 2003 Aragon Ballroom show was indeed released on vinyl already as the 2LP color vinyl set dubbed Nine Miles From The White City, via the Third Man Records Vault series (TMR 211). Largely recorded over two weeks in April 2002 at London’s analogue Toe Rag Studios, Elephant includes such now-classic singles as the GRAMMY® Award-winning “Seven Nation Army,” “I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself,” “The Hardest Button To Button,” and “There’s No Home For You Here,” all of which prompted Rolling Stone’s David Fricke to hail the album as quite simply, “ a work of pulverizing perfection.

I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself", " The Hardest Button to Button" and " There's No Home for You Here" were also released as singles. The majority of the album was recorded across two weeks in April 2002 and produced without the use of computers, instead utilizing an eight-track tape machine and various gear no more recent than 1963.

White Stripes Official Site Home - The White Stripes Official Site

Jack White produced the album with antiquated equipment, including an eight-track tape machine and pre-1960s recording gear. The UK vinyl album cover is the same as the US CD but differs in that the color hues are much darker. Recorded to eight track reel-to-reel at Toe-Rag Studios, Hackney, London in April 2002, except B1 recorded at the BBC Maida Vale Studios. He had planned on eventually giving it to a local band to cover, but ultimately felt it was too personal to give away and decided to include it in the album. Kind of noisy throughout (washed before it was ever played, I'm going to see if my new platter resolves this), but overall sounds pretty good except for the harsh sibilance on "You've Got Her in Your Pocket," which others have mentioned in reviews.THE WHITE STRIPES CONTINUE ELEPHANT 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION WITH LIMITED EDITION 2XLP COLORED VINYL RELEASE". As stated in the liner notes, White did not use computers during Elephant's writing, recording, or production, and none of the recording equipment was more recent than 1963. The White Stripes are celebrating the 20th anniversary of their RIAA Platinum-certified 2003 fourth studio album, Elephant, with two special releases. In 2012, Rolling Stone magazine ranked it 390th on its list of " The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time", and additionally ranked it the fifth-best album of the 2000s decade. After debating it, the song was rerecorded and included in Elephant, but only after a line from the song was removed after it was deemed too harsh.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment