276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Amouage Beloved Man Eau de Parfum, 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are only variations in the strength of the elemi’s woody, smoky, and dry sides over the course of the next few hours, along with fluctuating degrees of ISO E-like aromachemical pepperiness. In absolute awe of how simplicity in their scents shines through the guile and craft of their complicated creations. It's all a pretty seamless blend, though this one doesn't last as long as its more eccentric Amouagian predecessors. Right on the very edge of being feminine at first but it starts to go darker with its spices and wood in short time to take it more masculine. What is left is primarily an extremely creamy citrus scent that is as smooth as custard, but as airy as a mousse.

Unfortunately what turns me off to it slightly is the "stinky fruit" or "stale fruit" effect that I receive from it. The top brings a flash of heat with black pepper, cardamom, and elemi beside a citrus crush of orange, grapefruit, and neroli.He was worth every cent to me personally and I am happy to have discovered him quietly and secretly for myself. It strikes me as a sweet floral, but maybe that's because it's so well mixed that no note in particular stands out. But with people within three feet of me asking me what I'm wearing after having applied 6 sprays 5 hours earlier, I may not be giving this fragrance it's due. The selection of rich woods and resins in the base adds warmth and comfort to this distinctive fragrance.

i felt good with it and gave me positive energy with a calming smell but please dont overspray this one or the whole room smells like it. More oriental in the tradition of the house but the inspiration is obvious and still covers the same olfactory ground (woody peppery grapefruit that is). Of all the scents in Amouage's arsenal, Beloved Man is the one that's the most effortlessly pleasurable to wear. Beloved lingers on as a gauzy, discreet whisper until it finally dies away as a hint of dry creaminess.The cumin has now come and working very beautifully with the jasmine and now one can sense where all this warmth of this fragrance comes from. Amusingly enough, a commentator on Fragrantica has a preemptive response to my criticisms, presumably because he has heard numerous other people saying the same thing. This intimate fragrance with its selection of rich woods and resins in the base enrapture the wearer in a comforting sensation of warmth that these treasured memories bring”. On my skin, this fragrance had a very fresh and rather long opening of grapefruit and jasmine that was unique from many other Amouage fragrances that I had tried and/or owned. That is the essence of Beloved Man, a wholly unisex fragrance that is quite lovely but extremely simple.

The Dandy is a self-confessed saffron nut, and has a strong partiality for all things green – so I am drawn by this unusual combination that you describe. This is one lovely perfume, its will fill the whole room with its smell if you slightly over apply it.There is some commonality here with Reflection Man, which I think certainly gets more press on Fragrantica. If every Amouage scent is a beast in different clothes, then Beloved Man is a refined, polished beast indeed. Please don't turn your noses up at this sentiment: there's nothing wrong with smelling likeable, especially when the likeability comes from masterful blending and a fusion of scent traditions (East-meets-West) that strikes the right balance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment