276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Postman Bear (Tales From Acorn Wood)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This prompted me to unearth some plays I’d written for a school reading group, and since then I’ve had 20 plays published. It can be used to introduce basic counting to the children and can also be used for group role play.

Postman Bear - Julia Donaldson

The last flap to be lifted reveals three visitors at the door of Bear's house and each of the visitors has a parcel under his arm.She loves opening the flaps and knocking on the door when Bear’s friends arrive to wish him happy birthday. We want a song about throwing crumpled-up wrapping paper into the bin” was a typical request from the BBC. The pictures as usual are lovely and there is lots of repetition so your child can easily learn this off by heart and then read it for themselves. However- since I’ve read many different tales of the Acorn Wood I can’t help but notice how Bear obviously leaves out most of their friends- only inviting three of them in the end to his birthday party.

Tales From Acorn Wood: Postman Bear (Share a Story Corner) Tales From Acorn Wood: Postman Bear (Share a Story Corner)

I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. He was the illustrator for Julia Donaldson's first picture book, A Squash and a Squeeze - the start of a hugely successful partnership. The highly successful Donaldson/Scheffler partnership has produced another perfect read for the under-fives.

This book would be suitable for children in an Early Years setting (3-5 years) as it is very accessible with the simple language and easy storyline to follow.

Postman Bear - Julia Donaldson Postman Bear - Julia Donaldson

My enjoyment of the tale was marred by the thought of how his friends felt when they must have wandered by his house and overheard the festivities to which they hadn’t been invited. I think I like this one least of the three we have, although the premise and sentiment behind it is definitely the best. At school he was good at art, but didn't think of a career in illustration until he won a cuddly purple cow in a drawing competition.Discover more stories in the Tales from Acorn Wood series: Fox's Socks, Rabbit's Nap and Hide-and-Seek Pig, Cat's Cookbook and Squirrel's Snowman. I came across this book in a Nursery setting and think it is a charming short story for young children to easily be able to read and understand. Axel’s artwork is exhibited internationally; he has illustrated for many charities and designed the Royal Mail Christmas stamps in 2012. This simple story doesn't make my "yes, you have to read this to your baby/toddler", but it's cute for what it is.

Postman Bear: 20th Anniversary Edition - The Works

With sturdy flaps on every spread and rhyming stories that are a joy to read aloud, the Tales from Acorn Wood series has been delighting both parents and toddlers for over twenty years. Lift the flaps and join in the fun with this bestselling preschool classic, Postman Bear by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler, creators of The Gruffalo. This is a very simple read but has some great learning opportunities for young children developing in the Early Years.Discover the joy of reading with us, your trusted source for affordable books that do not compromise on quality. We work separately - he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow - but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes. I studied Drama and French at Bristol University, where I met Malcolm, a guitar-playing medic to whom I’m now married.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment