276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elden Ring: The Road to the Erdtree: Volume 1

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Elden Ring is a Wide-Open Sandbox Action RPG developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game is directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls fame, who has described Elden Ring as a Spiritual Successor to the Dark Souls trilogy. Famous fantasy writer, George R. R. Martin, of A Song of Ice and Fire fame, contributed to the game's mythos and Worldbuilding. It was released on February 25, 2022 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

It's a manga drawn and written by Nikiichi Tobita and it's an officially licensed product by Bandai/FromSoftware, published by Yen Press. On February 28, 2023, an expansion called Shadow of the Erdtree was announced to be in development. It opens with Aseo showing Malenia his butt to prove the repeated stab wounds he's received. That should sum up the humour of this adaptation. I say that because many might come to think that it's some fan-made nonsense, because the tone of the manga will probably take most Elden Ring fans by surprise. I expected and would have liked it to be an actual canon and serious manga, but it's not the end of the world.Margit spares the main character because he pities him that he has no armor or clothes, and is using pathetic wolf mimic to fight him. The art is 100% faithful to the game (below is an actual picture I took ingame, versus the first pannel). The manga comes courtesy of Kadokawa - FromSoftware's parent company and a huge publisher of manga. Aseo, a poor, Tarnished wretch, finds himself cast out into Limgrave—naked, penniless, hopeless, and maidenless. His only hope in his harsh, unforgiving new home is a mysterious woman named Melina,” the official description reads.

Or maybe your playthrough was a comedy all along? There's certainly a farcical element to all the constant dying. For some players, the journey really did end before Stormveil Castle if they bounced off the game for its high difficulty. Nikiichi Tobita is responsible for the artwork, known for creating the manga A Cursed Sword's Daily Life. The Elden Ring manga is created by Kadokawa Corporation, a Japanese media conglomerate and the parent company of FromSoftware. Kadokawa runs a slew of manga and anime distribution services and production studios. How to read Elden Ring: Road to the ErdtreeThe game received a comedy manga adaptation called Elden Ring: The Road to the Erdtree, and it has also been adapted into a board game by Steamforged Games called Elden Ring: The Board Game. There are references to the __items__ the NPCs actually give you ingame (i.e. Margit giving you the pouch for expanding your talisman slots or the crafting kit and cookbook you get from the first merchant) and it also explains what it does. There's like an embedded __tutorial__. If you would like an Elden Ring adaptation to be faithful to the game's tone (serious), you might be disappointed as I am. However if you like how something very serious can be turned into light-hearted banter, you'll probably like it a lot, especially if you played the game yourself. The fact that they made the main character a __player__, I don't know if it plays in favor of or against the manga. They break the 4th wall and make it clear that the tarnished main character is a player like us. He doesn't know why he's here and wants to "level up", etc., yet there's no indication that it's a game. I don't know how to feel about it, maybe it'll tie well with the game, but I'm sure it'll make people feel more immersed in some sense because it reflect actual player thoughts during the game. You basically follow the __real quest of Ranni__ and the references that are made along the way are very accurate. It takes you by surprise a bit. They even left in the funny/weird way of how Blaidd is initially summoned (when you need to snap your fingers when you hear howling) and also the fact that Ranni shows up at night only

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment