276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Lost Spells

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

An engagement programme delivered by The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre will run alongside the exhibition, including creative workshops, Ranger activities, walks and talks, and a learning and education programme. The audience was always reminded that humans, animals and nature were all connected – the true meaning behind the show. The spells are even better and I love the fact that it says explicitly ‘this is a book of spells to be spoken aloud’. Everything about it is absolutely beautiful and we will be getting behind it in a big way,” he said. Duration - Changes the amount of times the javelin pulses, from 1 to 4. More pulses - less damage per pulse and vice-versa. (although the total damage is the same regardless for this spell) Capturing the imagination of folk music's finest, ...gently reflective collection of original songs"

Something special happened in my mind and heart when he read out his spells. It was hearing the combination of the beauty of wildlife and the lyricism or melody of each word, that set my mind on fire in a sense! That's when I knew my first Robert Macfarlane book had to be the lost spells!Amy-Jane Beer, a writer and naturalist who led a successful campaign to get The Lost Words into more than 600 schools in north and east Yorkshire, said the book conveyed the “profound wild magic” of the natural world to children and adults. Diese kleinen Kunstwerke sollen helfen, die Natur besser zu verstehen, sie deutlicher zu sehen und ihr mehr zuzuhören. Ich hätte nicht gedacht, dass diese unscheinbaren Bücher mich so verzaubern und zum Träumen einladen. Doch trotz all der inhaltlichen Schönheit, habe ich den unterschwelligen Hilferuf, die Natur bewahren zu müssen, verstanden. The love of and for nature that Macfarlane and Morris are feeling is palpable - and infectuous. I also found myself learning the odd thing or two while reading their books. The group have announced they will turn The Lost Spells into another album and they hope to tour the new music next year. Her portrayal of a 12 year old who is struggling to understand her place in society was believable and relatable.

Spell Songs II: Let The Light In proves equally captivating (to their first album) with a serendipitous blend of guitar, harp, woodwind, kora and more.…but it’s the group’s collective vocals that ace it.”Morris, an illustrator who has sold more than 1m books worldwide, said: “I hope The Lost Spells will be something people can carry with them in these difficult times, as a place for the mind to rest. I hope it will help children to re-enchant their parents with the wild wonder and beauty of the world around them.” Writer, Robert Macfarlane, said: “The fabulously varied landscapes of the North East are close to my heart – from coast to moor, forest to hill-top – so it’s a joy to see our book The Lost Spells at the centre of this brilliantly curated and original exhibition at The Sill. I hope that it will help visitors young and old to listen afresh to nature’s wild wonders, and to tune in to the lives, songs and voices of the creatures and plants with whom we share the world.” Casting Style - Purely cosmetic, changes the casting animation when using the spell. Has an unique "Roar" option. Inspired by the poems in The Lost Spells, which are designed to be read aloud, we’ve used audio throughout the exhibition to encourage visitors to listen to the sounds of nature and consider how habitat loss, climate change and our collective impact on biodiversity could see some of these sounds lost forever.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment