276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Flower Beauty Titanium Revolving Styling Iron - Professional Styling Tool to Straighten or Wave Hair While Reducing Frizz - Customizable Heat Settings - for All Hair Types

£117.5£235.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My motivation for testing the Flower Titanium Rotating Styling Iron was personal. Growing up with a head of frizzy, red curls, Drew Barrymore's silky, copper waves always inspired awe and envy in equal measure. But while achieving this type of look has constantly intrigued me, whenever I heat style, I like to do so as safely as possible while hopefully still getting worthwhile results.

I have curly, red hair that I typically keep around shoulder-length. My curls most closely resemble type 3A curls, and I would describe my hair as having normal porosity, while being fine in texture. I try to maintain regular protein and moisture treatments on my curls and use theInnersenseline of products for washing and styling. Thanks to the rotating barrel that naturally pushes hair through from root to end, there's not as much dragging accompanied by that bone-chilling sound of my ends literally splitting in my hands. It feels gentler on my hair, which is crucial since mine is on the thinner side. Plus, when I’m done, my hair feels light and airy without the frizz, and stays straight throughout the day. The Brief: My hair straightener and I have been in a serious relationship for years. It has come with me on mini getaways, international trips, and anywhere that requires me to be away from home for 24 hours, so it would take a lot for me to give up the traditional ceramic-plated style. Editor’s Note: We reviewed this article on September 17, 2023. As per our editorial policy, we are constantly updating our content, to make sure it reflects the best of the best when it comes to beauty, wellness, and fashion. We want to assure our readers that we still stand by our recommendations, which we do. For curls and waves, wrap a one to two-inch section of hair around the barrel and then close the styling iron to activate the rotation. Flower recommends holding it in place for three to five seconds, but I personally found that my hair needed at least 10 seconds to achieve any sort of curl. I also recommend finger-curling each section after using the styling iron to maximize the result.I had two main issues with the design of the Titanium Rotating Styling Iron. First, while I appreciated that there were two heat settings (285 degrees and 410 degrees fahrenheit), I found that it took quite a while to heat up to its maximum temperature. I used the iron at 410 degrees, so after its first use, I took the average of 3 additional pre-heating times and found it took between four to five minutes to reach its "High" setting. For comparison, the traditional straightener I currently have takes less than a minute. My second critique is on the overall balance—I found that when you place it down, it can take a few tries to get it to sit properly on a counter. This is burdensome when you consider that the instructions advise only using one to two-inch pieces of hair at a time, which requires you to constantly set the iron down as you section your hair.

In designing the Flower heat styling tools, Barrymore made it her mission to give each product a beautiful design. I loved the bright yellow of the handle and appreciated the added detail of a colorful power cord. Overall, I would say that it felt like the construction of the iron matched the price point. It did not feel cheaply made, but it also did not feel like a luxury item. There are a lot of cool things out there that make us wonder — do they really work? In our I Tried It series, we set out to use them in the real world and have determine that, in fact, they really do. For a classic blowout or straight style, Flower recommends taking one to two-inch sections, starting with the underside of your hair. Simply place the section of hair into the iron with the barrel side placed underneath and close to the root, and when you close the iron, the barrel rotation will activate so you can slowly glide it down to the ends. You can also finger-curl the section while it is still warm to achieve a look more closely akin to a blowout.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment