276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Christmas Wish: the perfect new festive Christmas romance to escape with from the Sunday Times bestselling author

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are so many funny and sentimental moments embrace you completely! And second chance romance with boy next door Dev is always swoon worthy enough to make you giggle! We all need an escape at times, and who better to serve a delicious, escapist romance?’ Woman’s Weekly The Christmas Wish made me laugh out loud, it got me into the Christmas spirit, and it left a big smile on my face. I highly recommend it to everyone who is looking for a holiday read this year!

The writing is easy to read and flows with natural humor. It is silly, quirky, and even eye-roll-inducing. But it is entertaining and lighthearted. Even those several pop culture references didn’t diminish the effect. The Christmas Wish is Lindsey Kelk’s best yet. I couldn’t have loved this romantic, festive, brilliantly funny novel more’ ROSIE WALSHI’m glad I went into the prepared to read it more as Women’s Fiction than romance. Right expectations are important to enjoy the book. Then Gwen wakes up to discover it's Christmas day all over again. Like Groundhog Day but with turkey. And family arguments. On repeat. Pros: great writing, genuinely funny af (no boss babe or pander express humor), cool premise, great characters except for the dad but I don't like dads in general *shrugs*, cute ending that left me smiling in the dark with my lil reading light like a dummy Newly single lawyer Gwen Baker is hoping that a family Christmas—countryside, a mountain of food and festive films—will salve the sting of her career hanging by a thread and her heart being trampled on. Because everyone else has their life sorted: even Dev, her boy-next-door crush, is now a tall, dark and handsome stranger with a fiancée. She can’t help wishing her future was clearer.

Then Gwen wakes up to discover it’s Christmas day all over again. Like Groundhog Day but with turkey. And family arguments. On repeat. The pacing is a bummer. Despite the humor and everything, the story dragged in some places. A couple of themes are handled with a weeny bit extra emphasis, but that’s no big deal when the book delivers on the nice Christmasy feeling and a happy ever after. When they arrive, she finds out from her mother that her Aunt Gloria called to let them know that her pregnant cousin Natalie had gone to the hospital, which means, perhaps, a Christmas baby. twinkling bright Christmas stars for this genuinely laugh-out-loud wonderous piece of writing that had me reading late into the night to finish it.Reading this book felt like opening a box of Quality Streets, getting out the Christmas edition of the Radio Times, then popping on a Santa Hat’ SOPHIE COUSENS

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment