276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Making Things Happen: Mastering Project Management (Theory in Practice (O'Reilly))

£15.995£31.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Autocrat/Delegator: In certain situations, the most important things are a strong and clear authority, and a quick response time.

This may be to a potential employer, someone who could invest in your business, or a possible client if you are going to freelance.To continue learning, we must resist the temptation to succumb to the safe and narrow visions concerning what we are doing. In general, if you are interested in project management or in general how a project and a team is directed successfully to the end, then this book is a good starting point. Unfortunately, this book is a wordy collection of very general strategies and tactics, lacking the practical advise it advertises. I would have liked it better if the author framed such questions to fit all project managers, whether they are solo or part of a team.

Throughout the book the author provides checklists or lists of questions that can help during a particular stage of the project or situation to identify overlooked options/solutions/perspectives. The medical environment, especially trauma situations, offers a fascinating comparison for team-based work, high-stress decision making, and project outcomes that affect many people every day.

This book is part of a useful learning process, and there are even exercise questions at the end of every chapter to help readers remember what they read and even implement their learnings from the chapters into real life. Scott Berkun worked on the Internet Explorer team at Microsoft from 1994-1999 and left the company in 2003 with the goal of writing enough books to fill a shelf. It might only be a few minutes, or from time to time during the week, but people often fall behind on their daily schedule (however, because denial is a great skill we humans have, I will understand if you refuse to admit that it applies to you).

Big schedules must be divided into small plans** to minimize risks and increase the frequency of adjustments. Berkun made me chuckle, made me think, and best-of-all, after just a few hours of reading, I found myself thinking of many ways I could make my team more effective and my products better. In summary, being a PM is all about solving issues around the team, shielding and helping the members and thus the organisation to achieve its goals.More Hamburger icon An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. The APMG International AgilePM® and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. Many then admitted (after looking over their shoulder to be sure no-one was listening) that it’s impossible to always follow a formal process for decision making, given the limited time that they have available and the number of things that they need to do. Finance is provided by PayPal Credit (a trading name of PayPal UK Ltd, Whittaker House, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond-Upon-Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom, TW9 1EH).

As disasters are increasing in number and intensity, so too will be the need for reconstruction, for which PERRP has lessons to offer. In all these situations you need to know how to present your unique set of skills and abilities to others.Ich würde dem Buch wahrscheinlich sogar eine 5/5 geben, könnte ich es 100% auf mein Arbeitsumfeld anwenden. Berkun understands that people are at the heart of projects, and this makes the book both highly readable and instantly useful. Außerdem habe ich bisher noch nicht alle (genauer gesagt - gar keine) Übungen aus dem Buch gemacht, auch wenn ich mir alle notiert habe, die ich nun nach und nach durchgehen will.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment