276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Trends to Seduce Your Bestfriend

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Why are STEM women always portrayed as speaking like they swallowed a science dictionary? Ali Hazlewood does this too. They use long words unnecessarily (presumably to show us plebeian readers that these here are educated wimmin) and refer to things by their scientific names in their internal monologues. TEN TRENDS TO SEDUCE YOUR BESTFRIEND is a very slow building story line of friendships and relationships, misunderstanding and miscommunication, acceptance and love. The premise is thought provoking, engaging and captivating; the romance is sensitive; the characters are naïve, unique and quirky. I love how Penny Reid is an advocate for women in STEM and this follows through in her writing. Winnie is a high school science teacher and she is so passionate about it. She also makes science videos for social media and has a bit of a following. So when the chance for a new opportunity arises, Winnie ups her socials game (reluctantly) and takes part in a Ten Trends to Seduce Your Best Friend challenge. I’ve loved you for years. You are the stars in the sky, the start and the finish. I’ll die loving you, wanting you, and the torture of you is better than the bliss of anyone else.” I was already sold with the title and the cover, but Ten Trends to Seduce Your Bestfriend was incredible. I loved it so much, and it is definitely among my favorite Penny Reid reads. She never disappoints!

And what do you know about me? Through these powers of observation but no interaction.” What made someone likable to Byron Visser? Byron was a total cutie behind all his stuffy, gruffness, I guess he just needed to have his eyes opened up to new possibilities when it came to Winnie and their existing relationship. Overview: From the author of the Goodreads Choice Award winner The Spanish Love Deception, the eagerly anticipated follow-up featuring Rosie Graham and Lucas Martín, who are forced to share a New York apartment. This is a longer book but you get so wrapped up in the story that you want more. Winnie and Byron are relatable characters, especially for people who have lived very academic lives.

Ten Trends To Seduce Your Bestfriend Book PDF download for free

But right now, there were no boundaries. There was only us. Raw and exposed. Honest and selfish and greedy for every inch of each other, for every light and dark place, for every secret ambition. And I gave in to it, to us. I surrendered and allowed myself to want all of him, to trust that he’d let me know if I crossed a line.’ Ten Trends to Seduce Your Bestfriend is a full-length, complete stand-alone adult contemporary romantic comedy. I was initially intrigued by the synopsis. The topic is fresh, almost too current - I'm one of those recluse ones who did not cave to the TikTok sensation - so I was afraid it would ruin the storyline as it was integrated this way. I almost wish it wasn't named specifically, it seems in a few years time it would date the story a lot, but it isn't a big bother.

This wasn't a bad book necessarily, but I found it confusing and hard to connect to. The first ~15% or so was very cringe and awkward and I found it all a bit insufferable and almost DNF'd. Truly the only reason I didn't is because I tried to start a few other books and they weren't working out either so I decided to give this one more try and I'm happy to report this one got a little better after the initial badness. (There will be a couple ~slight~ spoilers later in my review with a warning before hand.) I groaned. I would’ve given up every single one of my new followers if it would’ve somehow undone the posting of that video. What a nightmare.I love when writers gift their readers with an intelligent, funny, sweet and idiosyncratic heroine, who works in and is passionate about working in STEM. This was the part of Ten Trends that I found admirable. The fact that Winnie can be anything she wants to be. Her character isn’t hemmed in. She can like makeup, pretty dresses and shoes and she can also love science and engineering and maths. Those elements don’t have to be mutually exclusive, an important message that the author highlights beautifully throughout. She’s a public school science teacher with stars in her eyes, and he’s a pretentious, joyless double PhD turned world-famous bestselling fiction author. There are a few little things I might have changed and expanded on in the story that I felt were kind of glossed over. Thankfully nothing that really impacts the storyline too much or the wonderful slow-burn romance aspect of the book. Winnie is this carefree science teacher/ part YouTuber of awesome STEM videos and people person on the surface but underneath she’s a product of a childhood where she learned that she shouldn’t or can’t ask for what she needs.

Winnie was likable, but this girl was the definition of an overthinker 💀 her POV was EXHAUSTING to say the least. had this book consisted solely of Winnie and Byron doing weird TikTok challenges, I would've rated it higher. But I'd say it was 1/3 of Winnie/Byron moments, 1/3 of Winnie's inner monologues, and 1/3 of Winnie talking about Byron (and whatever other issue she had atm) with her friends. my god, she needed to chill and stop analyzing everything 🧘‍♀️ when Byron actually said this to her?? This book was similar to this, hit closer to Reid's home, gave us insight into the state of STEM and Women, and also dealt with others that do not fit in the "box" of typical personalities and actions. And you are all my sunrises and sunsets, rain on green leaves, fireworks reflected in a smooth lake, and a wood fire on the coldest winter day. You are sex and sin and a guardian angel. You are every beat of my heart and every moment of peace and every hour of pandemonium. You are the sweetest torture I’ve ever known. And you . . . will never feel one tenth for me what I feel for you. And that, also, is perfect.” Winnifred Gobaldi is a science teacher living in Seattle. She's intelligent and passionate about her love of physics, chemistry, biology and engineering. She enjoys sharing her knowledge with others on social media, and is looking to grow her income using her platform. She's ready to connect with her audience on a more relatable level, and finds help from an unexpected source.Winnifred Gobaldi...oh my Winnie, my Chemistry Maven extraordinaire. So...where to begin with Winnie...she definitely will always hold a special place in my heart. I related to her in so many ways, which I wasn’t really expecting. She is very easy to love...I adored her brain and how smart she was. I loved her passion and drive for teaching and also trying to make kids (especially girls) excited about STEM...but she’s also just as passionate about makeup and fashion and “girly” things. I loved exploring her character and the little quirks that make her so special and unique. She had her own trials growing up that really shaped her as an adult and even though it wasn’t always easy at times, seeing her navigate it made it all worth it. She is truly a beautiful character from the inside out and I’m not the only one who sees and appreciates that. Winnie works in promoting women in #STEM careers and Byron is a famous but HUGELY private and broody author. They’ve known each other through a friend for years but have hardly exchanged more than a handful of words with each other. I’ve loved you for years. You are the stars in the sky, the start and the finish. I’ll die loving you, wanting you, and the torture of you is better than the bliss of anyone else.� Soooo... I think it's too late to gatekeep this, right? And I'm not sure if I'm serving any justice with this review as I don't think there will be enough words to put how stellar this book had been. Not just for the romance, but also for the amazing writing and care Reid put through with this one.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment