276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PADAM PADAM Kylie Minogue T-Shirt Unisex Glitter Logo Cotton Tee S-5XL

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Where peers such as Madonna and Lady Gaga are hailed as ‘shapeshifters’ or ‘chameleons’, Minogue’s musical evolution has always been more measured. Other top-tier stars have reinvented their image by introducing a high-concept alter ego – Beyoncé’s Sasha Fierce, for example – but tellingly, Minogue’s various eras are viewed as iterations of her own reassuringly radiant persona: we've had ‘Pop Kylie’, ‘Indie Kylie’ and ‘Country Kylie’; now we're onto ‘Disco Kylie’. “Kylie moves with the times without losing her own special quality: every album is fresh yet uniquely her,” says HERR, a British drag performer who has hosted Minogue tribute nights at London LGBTQ venue The Glory. “And because she's loved across such a broad spectrum [of demographics], I don’t see her star fading any time soon.” Go to a Kylie Minogue show and you'll see pop fans from several generations rubbing shoulders with the singer's famously devoted LGBTQ fanbase. Leicester's got the most amazing music scene but at the same time we don't have that kind of facility for like a monstrous act like Kylie Minogue," says Benbini. "So to have the park open up is just a beautiful thing and hopefully the weather will hold out.

New music from certified Australian pop royalty is always an event, so you can imagine the excitement when Kylie Minogue recently announced a new full-length album. The show is taking place in Victoria Park, which has hosted shows by Leicester band Kasabian in the past. Leicester musician Frank Benbini, also known as Uncle Frank - and the dummer for Fun Lovin' Criminals - says that while the city has a thriving music scene, the fact it doesn't have a big arena that would normally bring such huge acts in is what makes Kylie's appearance extra special.Hand drawn portrait of KYLIE MINOGUE by West Melbourne artist, Jess McDonald, printed on 100% organic cotton slim fit unisex t shirt.

If Disco debuts in the top spot later this week, she’ll become the first female solo artist to score a UK number one album in five consecutive decades. Though Minogue has only ever scored two US top 10 singles – with 1988’s The Loco-Motion and 2001’s Can’t Get You Out of My Head – she’s loved by clubbers and LGBTQ pop fans. In 2018, Dancing became her 14th number one on the Billboard Dance Club Songs Chart, while 2002’s Come Into My World won her a Grammy for best dance recording. I chose Kylie partly because I identify with her as a woman of similar age, but also because of my admiration of her and how she has handled her fame," Syston Knitting Banxy told Sky News, remaining undercover. The anonymous Syston Knitting Banxy, who has been sharing knitted post box toppers around the Leicestershire town since 2019, spent two-and-a-half weeks creating this Padam-era Kylie.As 2019’s tremendously entertaining Glastonbury set underlined, Minogue has really blossomed as a joy-giving live performer. She now belongs in the top echelon of touring acts who can concoct and pull off spectacular stage productions like 2011’s Aphrodite: Les Folies Tour, which paid homage to Greek mythology and filled the stage with so many fountains and water jets that some fans chose to sit in a designated ‘splash zone’. Chater supported Minogue at the 2019 Brighton Pride festival and says it was “incredibly eye-opening” to watch her perform in the flesh. “I was blown away by her stage presence and how she can hold the crowd in the palm of her hand,” Chater recalls, praising the way Minogue is “sexy and elegant” at the same time. “And until you see Kylie live,” Chater adds, “I don't think you appreciate how many truly memorable songs she has. It's hit after hit after hit.”

Her 16th studio album is titled Tension (out 22 September) and now we get the lead single, 'Padam Padam', which has us thinking the kind of tension she's referring to is – in classic pop fashion – sexual.She seems so down to Earth and such a beautiful soul. And from a knitting artist's point of view... that outfit: wow! The finished piece would unmistakably be our Kylie. Now, here she is at 55, a pop legend, once again reinventing herself and still at the top after almost 40 years in the business - she has topped the UK album charts in five consecutive decades - and doing it live in Leicester.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment