276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Feminists Don't Wear Pink (and other lies): Amazing women on what the F-word means to them

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Feminists don’t wear pink covers a wide basis: gender equality, sexual abuse and harassment, ‘slut’ and body-shaming, economic inequality, gender wage gap, workplace inequality, objectification, domestic abuse, child marriage, sexual slavery and prostitution, disability, ‘likeability’ and underrepresentation, particularly in politics, just to name a few. The female sex and sexuality takes centre stage, as well as equal standards across the board. All in all, I think this is worth the read if you're unsure about what feminism means to you or if you just want to get more of a grasp on the basics. It was good to see how inclusive it was, but I would still very much recommend reading it with a critical eye (not that you shouldn't always do that). But first I will encourage all to read this book - men and women alike! Grab this book, read it and learn from it. Before I start this review, I just want to make it clear that I am a feminist and I still did not like this book. In fact, my feminism is most of the reason why I did not like this book. Just so that no one thinks this is a troll review by an anti-feminist or something. i as i already mentioned, do believe that for the younger readers this book is perfect and just shows an overview of what feminism can mean and that it can be different for everyone and that what connects it all is the simple wish and hope that everyone will one day actual be seen as a person instead of a gender.

The book is curated by Scarlett Curtis, a prolific writer and activist who you might know as the daughter of Richard Curtis (screenwriter of Notting Hill, Bridget Jones’s Diary and Love Actually, among many others), and a descendant of Sigmund Freud. Now don't get me wrong, it's in no way my intention to belittle these women or invalidate the experiences they share. I have respect Girl Up's work, and I appreciate the diversity of the contributors and the emphasis on everyone being a work in progress. There were a few essays that I would recommend to newbie feminists (I only gave this book two stars because of them): The period is, and always will be, an issue that is exclusive to women. ThThis book is told in the perspective of MANY different celebrities and their journeys to feminism, what feminism means to them and things you should know along the way etc.

Stigma itulah yang coba untuk dikupas dan dibahas oleh beberapa aktivis kesetaraan gender dalam buku ini. Scarlett Curtis selaku kurator, menyajikan tulisan-tulisan yang bisa merepresentasikan keadaan di lapangan terhadap apa yang tengah diperjuangkan oleh para aktivitas kesertaraan gender tersebut. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge shortly after their Prince Louis’ birth. Photograph: Dominic Lipinski/PA Brilliant, hysterical, truthful, and real, these essays illuminate the path for our future female leaders.”—Reese Witherspoon We women and girls need to work together, pursue our dreams and shine until our light cannot be ignored

Become a Member

This is an inspirational and powerful book in the time of #MeToo and other movements and protests surrounding gender equality. This book comprises a plethora of actors, activists, journalists and others of "celebrity" status on what Feminism means to them.

Unfortunately, it was just very hit and miss. Some of the writings just went over my head entirely, leaving me sat there thinking “ok…but why did I just read that?” The end message of the book is to take action and push feminism and yet after reading, I’m still not sure how. Especially when a lot of the essays just repeated a lot of what’s shouted about on the internet already, so…what can I do beyond that? I don’t know. Was I meant to know after reading this? Feminism has never been more deeply and widely embraced and discussed, but what exactly does the F word mean? p.s. Ще б додала сюди есе Анджеліни Джолі для британського ELLE та Емілі Ратажковскі для Harper's Bazaar.

If we're going to be good feminists, then I think we have a responsibility to nurture not only ourselves, but the future men who are going to stand alongside future women." ( Alison Sudol, p. 59) Published in partnership with Girl Up, a campaign of the United Nations Foundation, and curated by writer and Pink Protest founder Scarlett Curtis, this book’s contributors include:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment