276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shearwater Research Peregrine Dive Computer - Classic Black

£268.13£536.26Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Although it’s an over-sized dive computer, the Peregrine actually feels pretty comfortable on the wrist thanks to its low-profile design. The large display is legible and uses bright colors to emphasize all the important info. Not only can you change the font, colors, and text sizes to match your preferences, you can also fully customize the layout of the information to make it as easy-to-read as possible. Two Button Interface On my first dive with the Peregrine I found the display exceptionally easy to read. Legends such as NDL are large, so there’s no staring at numbers uncertain what they are. With the launch of the Peregrine, Shearwater is now breaching that boundary, introducing a simplified and affordable three-mix air/nitrox computer with gauge function that carries with it Shearwater’s reputation. The Adventures Edition Light Peregrine captures the essence of coral reef diving in pristine, translucent coral seas, showcasing white, silver foam colours, and ocean teal accents. I did not try it, but the Shearwater Peregrine feels like I could probably run over it with my car and it would still look flawless. Variations & Color Options

If the battery is not meeting performance specifications within the 2-year warranty period, it will be repaired free of charge. Variations to battery lifespan can be expected due to operating at extremes of the rated specification, such as high environmental temperatures or repeatedly fully discharging the battery. It is very strange that such a well-thought-out dive computer aimed specifically at recreational divers would neglect clear alarms in such a way.I have long extoled the virtues of my Perdix AI and Teric computers, so I was keen to get my hand on the Peregrine. Shearwater duly obliged and sent me a unit soon after the official global launch. Damaged caused by battery leaks in dive computers that use a user changeable battery is not covered under warranty. Shearwater recommends the use of a lithium battery such as the Energizer Ultimate Lithium 1.5v battery to reduce the chance of battery leaks. Leaving AA batteries (especially alkaline batteries) in devices for extended periods of time significantly increases the chance of damage from a battery leak.

Support for any third party app is up to the developers of that app. That being said, we are always happy to answer questions. I’m fairly casual about going into limited deco, depending on whether I’m soloing or with a buddy I trust. The look-ahead feature allows you to plan on the fly. Air integration and compass functionality to be precise. If you want either of those you will have to look elsewhere. Do note that this feature is for experienced divers with an in-depth knowledge of decompression theory as well as their own personal risk tolerances and so I will advise not messing with it unless you are very sure you know what it does (hint: if you have to ask someone what settings to use here, you are not ready to use it). Having reviewed a large number of dive computers, one noticeable feature of the Peregrine is the automatic altitude adjustment. Usually, this needs to be altered manually by divers using different altitude ranges. The Peregrine monitors the surface pressure and sets it to the lowest pressure seen in the 10 minutes prior to beginning a dive.It is rated at 30 hours, although I found it to be a little less when diving in our lakes. This could also be due to the cold water below 10°C which we have at depth here, so your mileage will vary.

It is important to follow the directions for charging/storage in the computer’s manual to ensure peak battery performance. And the smart use of colour coding highlights important information and whether you are running low on NDL . There are lots of examples of these user-facing improvements to remove little frustrations from diving. The Peregrine excels in just making things easy, so you can focus on what’s around you, rather than your dive computer. Will it last? Firmware Updates & Battery Life In the main compartment, you find the Peregrine dive computer nestled securely in a dense foam surround. Lift it out, and you find the rubber wrist strap coiled around the outside, and the spindles and attachment tools in cutouts on the rear. Inside this foam, between the Peregrine dive computer itself and the tools you find the charging station. We do not produce the apps for Apple or Android products. The only software that we produce is Shearwater Desktop, which runs on Mac and PC.By incorporating gradient factors, the Bühlmann model becomes adaptable, creating the ability to alter the algorithm and change the acceptable levels of tissue tension. This allows the diver to make deco stops at different depths and durations than the original Bühlmann model plans for. What Does This Mean for the Diver? The Shearwater Peregrine uses the Bühlmann ZHL-16C decompression model that you can find in all Shearwater Research dive computers. It is a modified version using a modern gradient factors approach. The Descent G1 Solar, on the other hand, is a much cheaper alternative to the Garmin flagship Descent Mk2 that features a smartwatch and dive computer features. In terms of ergonomics, the Peregrine, like the Perdix & Petrel 2, uses a 2 button interface but they are actual buttons, you can feel what happens. It helps that Shearwater uses the display to give you very clear indications of what each button press is supposed to do.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment