276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AKAI Professional MPK Mini– 25 Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with 8 Backlit Drum Pads, 8 Knobs and Music Production Software Included

£42.495£84.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With this all being said, I do believe that this is the best option for a portable mini MIDI controller as it has the MIDI out, great functionality, and great pads. Overall, for a mini keyboard, it's good for what it is. If you have no need for the onboard sounds, definitely go for the regular MPK mini as it has better knobs (infinite vs. the 270° ones this has because of the features) and no real estate is lost to the speaker - plus you get other colors! I wish these were available in the different colors the regular MPK mini - I really don't like the color of this thing and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna paint the plastic case. Akai began with the first model of its MPC (Music Production Centre) range in 1988 with the MPC60. Since then, they’ve consistently innovated and further developed their product range into all sorts of nifty gadgets, and the MPK range is no exception. If you’re a keyboard-trained musician looking for a powerful yet compact way to make beats, basslines, chords, melodies and more, an MPK Mini can be an invaluable part of your arsenal. It’s especially useful for musicians who know they want at least some ability to use both a conventional piano keyboard layout and MIDI drum pads in the same device.

The Input Ports section in MIDI/Sync Preferences will display all available MIDI input ports in a list. Devices will automatically appear in the list when connected provided that Enable MIDI ports when discovered is set to ON. In other words, they feel like synth keys. That’s a good thing for some. Still, if you’re coming from an acoustic piano, the feel and size will both take some getting used to. When playing along with the arp you realise that what this needs is a drum sequencer or looper or some way of getting the drums to play so that you can play the keys alongside. Even the lowliest mini home keyboards have a bossa nova or pop drum pattern. This feels like a missed opportunity. However, it does have a Note Repeat button so you can hold the hi‑hat down and sort of play along that way, but it doesn’t lend itself to playing a pattern. Maybe I’m expecting too much from the Mini Play.

assignable controls let you take complete command of every aspect of your production; the new Gen 2 enhanced dynamic keybed guarantees your performance is captured with every subtle infection of your delivery. Refer to this guide for step-by-step instructions on how to authorize and activate plugins in iLok:

That aside, the actual pots themselves are a nice hefty size, a tad wider than previous iterations. They feel robust and intuitive to handle.Musicians working in mainstream commercial music, including hip-hop, rap, R&B and more, will enjoy the versatility this device brings. Experienced studio professionals or advanced recording hobbyists will do the same, especially if using the device as an on-the-go solution. Keep in mind that this code will license Hybrid, Mini Grand, and Velvet so you only need to redeem it once in iLok.

Lukid: “Dance music can be a bit snobbish about melody - but for me, the marriage of rhythmic and melodic elements is where the magic happens” I recently acquired the AKAI Professional MPK Mini MK3, and I can't help but sing its praises! This compact MIDI controller is marvelous. After installing and activating your AIR plugins in iLok, you'll need to scan them into MPC Beats. Refer to this guide for instructions on how to scan and load plugins in MPC Beats:

The Basics of Both Models

The MPC Beats Installer will automatically open. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the installation.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment