276°
Posted 20 hours ago

To Love and Be Loved

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Unable to face becoming the talk of the town, she runs to a city further up the M25 and throws herself into her life far from the sea and Port Charles and does her best to stifle the fun loving and spontaneous girl she once was, avoiding going home at any cost. I received a copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review as part of the book tour hosted by Lovebookstours. Happy, settled, and looking forward to a simple future of being a wife and a mother, but by the time the book ends, she's almost too independent, which I understand is because of Digby. That level of self(h)-generated angst felt very YA/NA, which I have recently discovered I really just cannot stomach any longer. Six years have passed since she left her home to start fresh and she has to go back when a tragedy strikes.

The simple kindness of someone who offers comfort or attention can be (mis)understood as love; perhaps sheer consistency of availability provides a safe feeling that becomes labeled “love. Merine lives in a small fishing village, Port Charles, Cornwall, and she is to marry Digby the love of her life.The first step may be to consider self-knowledge, truthfulness, and other building blocks on the road to personal growth. She also makes countless guest appearances on BBC national and independent Radio stations including LBC, Times Radio and Talk FM, where she is well known for her insightful observations and her infectious humour. Love can be learned, and you can have the joy of not only feeling it, giving it, and sharing it, but also of teaching it. And through her, the author has been able to highlight the journey and emotions a person goes through after being humiliated. This was a comforting read during the turn of the year with lots of changes going on and it was so nice to have a familiar writing style at the end of a long day to get lost in.

Looking out over the purple bruise of sky where clouds hung low over the ocean, she offered up a silent prayer.I liked the author's writing style, the story wasn't super fast paced, quite a gradual build up to where it ended, but easy to follow and enough to keep me entertained. Some internal conditions such as a sound sensorimotor system, absence from pain, access to relative comfort, and basic safety from harm allow a baby to enjoy the pleasures of touch, of reciprocity in gazes and laughter, of being able to depend on someone to care for needs that cannot yet be met independently. She was born and has lived in the same Cornish Fishing village of Port Charles, her whole life, and intends to spend the rest of it, there, too.

In principle, the plot is simple, the subject matter is nothing new, but it is so well written that it gives the feeling of reading something completely new. This is one of the few times I don't have a favorite character because they all have something different to bring to the novel. The h, being very young, super sensitive, and self-conscious, knows she has to leg it out of there because she simply cannot stand to be the object of the town's attention, gossip, and pity. The protection we find in our relationships and the shame we have when for whatever reason, we have caused harm.Merrin was madly in love, with her whole life mapped out with the man she adored, much to the envy of her older sister Ruby.

To Love and Be Loved is a very special book, full of unique details that make all the difference and make this author a must read. She needed nothing more than to be near her family, to walk barefoot in the grass and to have the sea breeze tousle her long hair. and brings unique and refreshing storylines into their lives to create the contemporary domestic dramas that we’ve all become quite hooked upon. As she begins to remember the person she used to be, she is forced to make choices about her future, and to question the past.

Merrin lives in the beautiful fishing village of Port Charles in Cornwall, it's her happy place, filled with childhood memories and where she intends to stay for life, that is until she is faced with the worst humiliation possible, she flees the village and the comfort of her family, to escape the gossiping that every small village is known for. Horror stories, such as those described in the Adverse Childhood Experiences studies, abound, detailing challenges faced by unloved children. Ben and Heather are still very much in love after their many years of marriage and I enjoyed the easiness of their relationship.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment